Buying Advice Newholland round baler numbers

/ Newholland round baler numbers #21  
the truth is you cant beat new holland balers.in the 30yrs that we owned round balers weve only had 2 brands NH an vicon.we havent owned baling in 10yrs or so.an im strongly considering baling equipment again.an when i start looking ill look at price NH an vermeer.

/ Newholland round baler numbers
Well we went with the 450 with the bale ramp. Hope it's a good one!

Thanks for the help!

/ Newholland round baler numbers #23  
what was price 450?

15k with a bale ramp on it.

/ Newholland round baler numbers #25  
Well we went with the 450 with the bale ramp. Hope it's a good one!

Thanks for the help!

i hope is works well for you. I dont believe you went wrong NH is top of the line in hay equipment you should be good for a long time if you take care of it

/ Newholland round baler numbers #26  
messick new holland viedo baler

whodat526 said:
i hope is works well for you. I dont believe you went wrong NH is top of the line in hay equipment you should be good for a long time if you take care of it

I guess we'll find out come hay season. I'm sure some adjusting will be needed but that's the fun with new toys!

/ Newholland round baler numbers #28  
I'm down to a Deere 457 sileage cover edge 4x5 or a NH 648 4x5 sileage net wrap. The Deere is $5,000 more, but really nice. I'm leaning to the NH because I don't need that nice of a Deere baler.

Here's a great NH 648 baler video; [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZZOeZwmjqc"]Baling Hay at Front Porch Farm (3 of 3) - YouTube[/ame]

/ Newholland round baler numbers #29  
I guess we'll find out come hay season. I'm sure some adjusting will be needed but that's the fun with new toys!

I own the JD round baler for past year. Baled 500+ bales with it last year and about 100 so far this year. Wrap end net tie--all left outside. Cattle much prefer net tie to string tie hay (less waste). A little more effort to remove net. We move hay to near cattle area and remove net the night before any big ice or snow storm. Nearly new New Holland baler sits in the barn most of the season. jga

/ Newholland round baler numbers #30  
The Deere 457 was really nice, but at nearly $4,000 more, the green paint just couldn't be justified. I loved the "edge cover" feature on the 457. Deere just has a way of engineering stuff to be almost irrestible to buy, but in the end, I couldn't afford it.
Ended up with a NH648 sileage special with net wrap and bale command plus with 5,500 blaes on it.
Everytime I go to buy a tractor attachment the same thing happens. Deere has the nicest options and looks the best, but it's 25% or more than the cheaper alternative....:laughing: