Buying Advice Newholland round baler numbers

/ Newholland round baler numbers #31  
The Deere 457 was really nice, but at nearly $4,000 more, the green paint just couldn't be justified. I loved the "edge cover" feature on the 457. Deere just has a way of engineering stuff to be almost irrestible to buy, but in the end, I couldn't afford it.
Ended up with a NH648 sileage special with net wrap and bale command plus with 5,500 blaes on it.
Everytime I go to buy a tractor attachment the same thing happens. Deere has the nicest options and looks the best, but it's 25% or more than the cheaper alternative....:laughing:

i have a nh 648 it isn't a silage special but i have run one of them and they are good balers and will last a long time if you do maintance and keep them clean we have had ours since 2002 and have baled about 1500 rolls a year with no major trouble so far

/ Newholland round baler numbers #32  
I almost got the Roll-belt but went with rebel 5410.jpg

/ Newholland round baler numbers #34  
vermeer is a good baler they would be my second choice if i didn't have a nh

It was a pretty hard descion,the dealer sold both so they set side by side on lot. The Roll'belt being a new model,had me leaning towards Rebel but I like you could get the bigger tires on the NH. You know I never even looked at the other NH model you guys talked about and the dealer didnt even mention it. I didnt even consider any other brands but wish I would have atleast looked at the br7060(I think thats right). Im happy with what I got anyways,now just need some rain. I went with the Vicon cutter,with the 3 blades so I could get a wider cut,using the 50hp kubota,the dealer sold three different brand of cutters and suggested this one and I heard good reviews on them.vicon cutters.JPGvicon 3point.jpg

/ Newholland round baler numbers #35  
It was a pretty hard descion,the dealer sold both so they set side by side on lot. The Roll'belt being a new model,had me leaning towards Rebel but I like you could get the bigger tires on the NH. You know I never even looked at the other NH model you guys talked about and the dealer didnt even mention it. I didnt even consider any other brands but wish I would have atleast looked at the br7060(I think thats right). Im happy with what I got anyways,now just need some rain. I went with the Vicon cutter,with the 3 blades so I could get a wider cut,using the 50hp kubota,the dealer sold three different brand of cutters and suggested this one and I heard good reviews on them.View attachment 263185View attachment 263186

vicon is a good brand as far as cutters
the br 7060 is pretty much a updated seat metal and drive shaft system of a 648 thats why i like them you know parts will be available for a long time since they interchange with so many other nh balers

now around here we are in the same boat as you as far as rain goes

/ Newholland round baler numbers #36  
I heard the NH BR balers weren't highly regarded. Couldn't afford one anyway.
I was impressed by the Vermeer balers. They must be painted well. Even 10 yr old units looked great. Just couldn't find a net wrap in my price range.

/ Newholland round baler numbers #37  
We have the NH BR7060 with about 1000 rolls through it. It's twine tied and haven't had any issues. When we purchased it we were looking at both twine and net. The dealer didn't push one way or another but said the twine was more economical and net had few advantages. We use the 140lb twine and tie it tight. Driving down the road I notice most use net so that makes me wonder. Everyone that purchases our bales don't care if it's string or net and only looking for hay quality and price. I do think the net bales look better.

/ Newholland round baler numbers #38  
We have the NH BR7060 with about 1000 rolls through it. It's twine tied and haven't had any issues. When we purchased it we were looking at both twine and net. The dealer didn't push one way or another but said the twine was more economical and net had few advantages. We use the 140lb twine and tie it tight. Driving down the road I notice most use net so that makes me wonder. Everyone that purchases our bales don't care if it's string or net and only looking for hay quality and price. I do think the net bales look better.

I was gonna bale the not so good hay with string,then the good stuff with net,so i tell what bales are what,just gotta push a button to switch it,since net is 200 a roll and twine is 22 a roll.

/ Newholland round baler numbers #39  
AM considering a Deere 447. Have no experience with RBs. Do you have to get the bells and whistles or does a simple baler do the job? Just string tie, I will be keeping them inside. Do you need the hydraulic tension or is speing ok?

/ Newholland round baler numbers #40  
AM considering a Deere 447. Have no experience with RBs. Do you have to get the bells and whistles or does a simple baler do the job? Just string tie, I will be keeping them inside. Do you need the hydraulic tension or is speing ok?

on a round baler there is not spring tensioner. they are all hydraulic. Check out New Holland. You cant go wrong with the world/industry leading hay equipment