Buying Advice Newholland round baler numbers

/ Newholland round baler numbers #41  
Has anyone any comments on a NH Roll-Belt 450 versus a NH BR 7050? I know they make different size bales, and I am going to pass on the wrap. The dealer did not try to steer me either way because he has no history on the 450. However, he felt the BR7050 has been around a while and may be a bit more sturdy in the WV hills. Can anyone say something specific in innovations on the 450 over the 7050? I will be baling less than 100 round bales a year of decent horse hay.

/ Newholland round baler numbers #42  
I have worked on both. I never was impressed with the BR7050 or its predecessors the 630, 634, 638, BR730 and BR730A which are substantially the same baler. I feel the 450 is a much better unit for low-volume use as you describe.

/ Newholland round baler numbers #43  
I have worked on both. I never was impressed with the BR7050 or its predecessors the 630, 634, 638, BR730 and BR730A which are substantially the same baler. I feel the 450 is a much better unit for low-volume use as you describe.

Ok... I read thru these posts and now I'm confused.. (That's a normal state for me - but, sometimes I get closer to the border than I should!)

You CAN get the 450 with net wrap, yes? But, the 450 does NOT have the autowrap feature? The 450 has autotie; not autowrap; but, uses net wrap!

What am I missing?? Thanks.

AKfish

/ Newholland round baler numbers #44  
Ok... I read thru these posts and now I'm confused.. (That's a normal state for me - but, sometimes I get closer to the border than I should!)

You CAN get the 450 with net wrap, yes? But, the 450 does NOT have the autowrap feature? The 450 has autotie; not autowrap; but, uses net wrap!

What am I missing?? Thanks.AKfish

AutoWrap is an automatic fully mechanical twine tie system. Balers with AutoWrap are exclusively twine tie (no net). The BR7050 has manually controlled electric tie only and the 450 has automatic electric twine tie and a netwrap option. BR7050 operators manually control twine placing and number of wraps with a momentary toggle switch; the 450 tie cycle is automatic.

/ Newholland round baler numbers #45  
I bought a new NH 450 with net in Nov of last year.. I have ran 6 bales thru it just to get it set up for this year hay season,, I think in about 6 months I will know enough about this baler to comment.. it's rated for around a thousand bales a year.. why I don't know.. but I run about a 1000 a year anyway.. Lou

/ Newholland round baler numbers #46  
I bought a new NH 450 with net in Nov of last year.. I have ran 6 bales thru it just to get it set up for this year hay season,, I think in about 6 months I will know enough about this baler to comment.. it's rated for around a thousand bales a year.. why I don't know.. but I run about a 1000 a year anyway.. Lou

What is the pto Hp requirement for the NH 450? Are you planning to run the baler with your Montana 5740?

AKfish

/ Newholland round baler numbers #47  
What is the pto Hp requirement for the NH 450? Are you planning to run the baler with your Montana 5740?

AKfish

40 Hp,, with the Montana or John Deere 990.. I don't have any hills all level ground,, Lou

/ Newholland round baler numbers #49  
Very nice lookin' baler! It appears to be a pretty compact machine given the size of the Montana. Definitely, something to investigate further. Thanks.

AKfish

/ Newholland round baler numbers #50