Buying Advice Newholland round baler numbers

/ Newholland round baler numbers #51  
yes sir,, you can run 51 inch or 48 inch.. I am running 48 inch because it came with the baler.. but I will be using 51" before the summer is over.. Lou

/ Newholland round baler numbers #52  
yes sir,, you can run 51 inch or 48 inch.. I am running 48 inch because it came with the baler.. but I will be using 51" before the summer is over.. Lou
I should have known,they gave me 49" when I bought my baler,I got 51" this year.I guess they do it cause its cheaper,I dunno. Think the wider wrap is going to be any trouble running?

/ Newholland round baler numbers #53  
No sir I don't believe so.. it is designed for both,, all I have to do is move the stops out all the way on the holder.. if I remember correctly.. Lou

/ Newholland round baler numbers #54  
No sir I don't believe so.. it is designed for both,, all I have to do is move the stops out all the way on the holder.. if I remember correctly.. Lou

Sir makes me feel old(34) :laughing: but I'm same way. I think on my Vermeer the holder is only thing got to adjust out also. They just did some upgrades on mine,couple weeks ago and went over it for free. I only have around 150bales threw it,happy so far but the roll-belt450 and my Rebel was a pretty hard discion on what one to get,they was setting side x side.
James

/ Newholland round baler numbers #55  
I was looking at the john deere 448,, but I couldn't get net wrap on it.. wasn't an option,, one dealer is 4 miles south and the other is 4 miles north on the same road.. I went with the new Holland because of the net wrap.. without the wrap the price was about the same for either.. I didn't look at the Rebel and I can't remember why.. I think it was in Houston and didn't want to drive up there when I needed something.. by the way James my oldest grand son is 26,, and I say yes sir to him also.. I have ten grandkid and 6 great grandkids by that way I don't have to remember their name..:laughing: Lou

/ Newholland round baler numbers #56  
I was looking at the john deere 448,, but I couldn't get net wrap on it.. wasn't an option,, one dealer is 4 miles south and the other is 4 miles north on the same road.. I went with the new Holland because of the net wrap.. without the wrap the price was about the same for either.. I didn't look at the Rebel and I can't remember why.. I think it was in Houston and didn't want to drive up there when I needed something.. by the way James my oldest grand son is 26,, and I say yes sir to him also.. I have ten grandkid and 6 great grandkids by that way I don't have to remember their name..:laughing: Lou

I just say "son"... :laughing: memory's goin' but I can still handle those 3-letter words!

AKfish

/ Newholland round baler numbers #57  
Thanks for the comments on the NH RB 450. I am going to look at a used one today with a few bells and whistles for 13,500, the year was not given. I have been trying to do some shopping on line, but too many dealers post "Call for Pricing." (Especially Vermeer equipment dealers.)If I wanted to call, I would not be on your website, I work in the day, and shop on the internet at night. The dealer with the used 450 got my attention because he posted the options and price, so I will take the day off and drive a few hundred miles. Jim

/ Newholland round baler numbers #59  
Yeah that sucks when it says call for price. Good Luck also

/ Newholland round baler numbers #60  
Well, the used NH RB-450 was a 2011 that was in sad and sorry shape. Parts missing, no maintenance what so ever, bent and frozen pick-up wheels, missing controller, torn guards and drive-shaft. But the best warning was the spray can of anti-seize sitting next to the dry drive chain. It even looked like someone pushed the baler with a bale spear. This was from one seasons use. I passed. Maybe I would have taken it on as a repair project at $5,000. Now the choice is between an unused 2011 with bale wrap for $18K or a stock 2013 string wrap for $17K. Looking at the used NH it is pretty safe to say that even clowns cannot easily destroy a NH.