Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    TN75DA

Default Newholland round baler numbers

I'm not sure if this is the right place but I may be in the market for a new round baler soon and was wondering what all the numbers mean?

I'm looking for a 4x5 baler and was looking at a 450 roll belt. Is there any other nh balers I should look at and is there an option that's a must I should opt for?

I have an 853 chain and bar right now that's a great baler but just too big for me so I want a 4x5.

Thanks,
    Adam

Tractor
    fords

Default Re: Newholland round baler numbers

Quote Originally Posted by AdamM View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right place but I may be in the market for a new round baler soon and was wondering what all the numbers mean?

I'm looking for a 4x5 baler and was looking at a 450 roll belt. Is there any other nh balers I should look at and is there an option that's a must I should opt for?

I have an 853 chain and bar right now that's a great baler but just too big for me so I want a 4x5.

Thanks,
    Adam
    a br7060 is also a 4x5 baler but on it you can get auto wrap or net i dont believe the 450 roll belt can have net wrap i know they dont have auto wrap. If baling alot of hay say over 100 rolls a year i would suggest a br7060 with auto wrap they have made this same baler since i believe 1992 they only changes have been the model number and seat metal and the lower idler gear on the rollers was upgrade in the middle of production of the 648 which is what i have and love it. If you have never run a autowrap baler you will love it to all you have to do is open and close the tail gate no messing with the remotes or electronics to make it tie

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

You can get net on a 450, but the two 450's we sold last year were twine only. I also prefer the BR7060 for that size bale, but after being skeptical of the looks of the 450, they performed well and impressed me in their first season. The 450 is a great improvement over the 630/634/638/BR730/BR7050 machine they replace.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Tractor
    TN75DA

I thought the 450 had auto tie?

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

I thought the 450 had auto tie?
    The 450 does have an automatic electric tie system. It does not have Autowrap, which is a specific automatic, fully mechanical twine tie system that is available on basic BR7060 and larger NH balers. Autowrap has its roots in the older NH chain style balers and is a very reliable system.

Tractor
    TN75DA

Quote Originally Posted by RickB

The 450 does have an automatic electric tie system. It does not have Autowrap, which is a specific automatic, fully mechanical twine tie system that is available on basic BR7060 and larger NH balers. Autowrap has its roots in the older NH chain style balers and is a very reliable system.
    This may be a stupid question but can you explain the difference? I'm kinda new to this.

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

The electric tie system on the RB450 and other New Holland balers using any version of the Bale Command electronic system use an electric linear actuator to move the twine arms across the bale chamber width. Most manufacturers use some version of this system.
    Autowap uses a belt driven 90 degree gearbox and open spur gears to move the twine arms, taking power from the baler's mechanical drive system. I don't know of any other manufacturer that uses a fully mechanical twine tie system like this. If there is any, someone will surely point it out to us shortly.

Tractor
    TN75DA

So do both automatically tie?

On my 853 I stop, push a switch to run the arms out to tie. I'm thinkin that I won't have to do this with the 450 or a 7060 right?

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

So do both automatically tie?

On my 853 I stop, push a switch to run the arms out to tie. I'm thinkin that I won't have to do this with the 450 or a 7060 right?
    That is correct no matter which system you are considering.

Tractor
    TN75DA

The reason I was looking at a 450 was for the price. I can get a new one with a bale kicker for 15,600. The 7060's are quite a bit more. Is there a big difference between the 2? Is the 7060 made better? I'd rather spend a little more now than to have problems later.

Thanks

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast