potential boomer 8N buyer

/ potential boomer 8N buyer #11  
I have owned my Boomer 8N for a little over a year now. So far I am very happy with my purchase, other than the fact that they have come down in price since I bought it. I use it for loader work, snowblowing, mowing and moving equipment and trailers around. The CVT has worked great for me, my dealer has installed all the latest software updates. I think most of the negative comments you see are from people that have never owned one. To be fair I have never owned a hydro compact tractor so I can't compare the two.

/ potential boomer 8N buyer
I have owned my Boomer 8N for a little over a year now. So far I am very happy with my purchase, other than the fact that they have come down in price since I bought it. I use it for loader work, snowblowing, mowing and moving equipment and trailers around. The CVT has worked great for me, my dealer has installed all the latest software updates. I think most of the negative comments you see are from people that have never owned one. To be fair I have never owned a hydro compact tractor so I can't compare the two.

What did you notice after the dealer installed the latest updates? My biggest concern is when you let off the go pedal it keeps going for a couple seconds. I can forsee myself hitting a lot of stuff! Are you able to get off the tractor and still operate the loader?

/ potential boomer 8N buyer #13  
What did you notice after the dealer installed the latest updates? My biggest concern is when you let off the go pedal it keeps going for a couple seconds. I can forsee myself hitting a lot of stuff! Are you able to get off the tractor and still operate the loader?

Honestly I don't remember any noticeable difference, but I hadn't used it much before the updates. I know some people had the dealer remove the linkage from the go pedal to the throttle, then the go pedal just controls speed not engine RPM's, they seemed to like this better. I've left mine, it's something you get used to very quickly. It really doesn't just coast when you let off the go pedal, it comes to a stop pretty quick, I've never messed with the factory "reactivity" setting. Yes you can get off the seat, have it in N with park brake on and engine will not shut off.
One other note, the little thing starts very good in the cold but the transmission needs to warm up before it will let you move at normal speed. So if you are using it in the winter it's best to keep it in a heated area, or plan on starting it and letting it idle for a while.

/ potential boomer 8N buyer #14  
I wonder if it has something to do with it set on Mid PTO that it quits with brake and in neutral. Just a thought.

/ potential boomer 8N buyer
Well I just wanted to update everyone; I made the deal on the Boomer 8N and got it home today. So far so good, it seems like a great tractor. Thanks to everyone for their input.

/ potential boomer 8N buyer #16  
Congrats on your NEW tractor, I love the look of those machines.

/ potential boomer 8N buyer #17  
Well I just wanted to update everyone; I made the deal on the Boomer 8N and got it home today. So far so good, it seems like a great tractor. Thanks to everyone for their input.

No pictures, didn't happen! :D

/ potential boomer 8N buyer #19  
Congrats on the new purchase! I have almost 740 hours on my 8N. It has been a pleasure to own so far. I have had it updated on the EST at the shop twice, both have warranted improvment. I own SN: 0003

/ potential boomer 8N buyer #20  
HenryFordPower said:
Congrats on the new purchase! I have almost 740 hours on my 8N. It has been a pleasure to own so far. I have had it updated on the EST at the shop twice, both have warranted improvment. I own SN: 0003

Sorry wrong keys, I meant SN: 00037