Price Check Ford 1910 w/770A FEL

/ Ford 1910 w/770A FEL #1  
Tractor
John Deere 870
Hi everyone, could use some advice on a 4WD 1910 with 770-A FEL. It has 1482 hours, and a fair amount of surface rust. I don't care about appearances all that much, as long as it works, I can always make it look prettier.

It is a 1985 according to the serial number, I have not yet had a chance to inspect/start/drive it, I was mostly looking at what the guy had, this one has the horses to do what I want, which is mowing up to 4 acres, a bit of mostly light bush hogging and yard / driveway maintenance with a box blade.

Asking price is $8500. I don't really need the FEL, but doubt that I can get the guy to take it off or trade it.

Just want to know if the price sounds good or bad.

Thanks,

Brian

/ Ford 1910 w/770A FEL #3  
It sounds high to me. I bought a 2000 NH 1920 with FEL & BH with 70 hours in Jan 2002 for $17,000 from a private seller. Bill C

/ Ford 1910 w/770A FEL #4  
This is a reasonable price in my opinion, provided it is sound mechanically. I have sold similar units here in western PA ranging from 7-10k. For a tractor that age the hours are reasonable. I think that you will find that having a FEL for the tractor will provide you with many more capabilities, as it can always be taken off for mowing, etc.

/ Ford 1910 w/770A FEL #5  
I have the 770A on my 1710 and mow with it all the time. I wish it was a quick attach but it hasn't been a problem and you want the loader to come with it. I use it for everything from a glorified wheel barrow to a engine hoist, fence post puller, snow removel, hoist to reach the high stuff, on and on.... 7000 seems a bit high if it is rusty, the bigger question is it just rust or has it taken a beating over the years. There is another post of a guy looking at a 1710 with lots of rust, but it also looks very abused and worn out. Look past the rust and see what else is going on with it. Good luck. Ken

/ Ford 1910 w/770A FEL #6  
This is a reasonable price in my opinion, provided it is sound mechanically. I have sold similar units here in western PA ranging from 7-10k. For a tractor that age the hours are reasonable. I think that you will find that having a FEL for the tractor will provide you with many more capabilities, as it can always be taken off for mowing, etc.

how many do you wont and when can you get a truck down here to pick them up

but back to the question the tractor is 1500 to 2k to high if it was a 20 series it would be different

/ Ford 1910 w/770A FEL #7  
whodat526 said:
how many do you wont and when can you get a truck down here to pick them up

but back to the question the tractor is 1500 to 2k to high if it was a 20 series it would be different

I suppose there is a surplus in your neck of the woods!? LOL. I agree that a 20 series would be advantagous, but these tractors have honestly held their value very well up here in Pennsylvania.

/ Ford 1910 w/770A FEL #8  
I suppose there is a surplus in your neck of the woods!? LOL. I agree that a 20 series would be advantagous, but these tractors have honestly held their value very well up here in Pennsylvania.

yea when my dad was in the nh business he sold abunch of 10, 15 and 20 series i have bought quite a few back over the last 3 or 4 years. I know i other places they bring more but i had a chance to buy a 1715 4wd and a 1725 4wd hst. for 2750 each last week but a buddy of mine bought them neither had loader but bought around 1000 hrs.

/ Ford 1910 w/770A FEL #9  

yea when my dad was in the nh business he sold abunch of 10, 15 and 20 series i have bought quite a few back over the last 3 or 4 years. I know i other places they bring more but i had a chance to buy a 1715 4wd and a 1725 4wd hst. for 2750 each last week but a buddy of mine bought them neither had loader but bought around 1000 hrs. i bought a 2120 4wd with loader sheat metal was rough but run like a top i give 4000 for it

/ Ford 1910 w/770A FEL #10  
yea when my dad was in the nh business he sold abunch of 10, 15 and 20 series i have bought quite a few back over the last 3 or 4 years. I know i other places they bring more but i had a chance to buy a 1715 4wd and a 1725 4wd hst. for 2750 each last week but a buddy of mine bought them neither had loader but bought around 1000 hrs. i bought a 2120 4wd with loader sheat metal was rough but run like a top i give 4000 for it

Maybe we should send a truck!:licking: