TZ24DA hydraulics

/ TZ24DA hydraulics #1  

Blazerag

Tractor
TZ24DA
Thinking about buying a used new holland TZ24DA. Just went and test ran it and noticed the following:

1. Ran rough at low idle. I'm thinking thats just the way the 3 cylinder diesel engine is. Any thoughts?

2. Hydraulic very slow going down. Does it have power down? You really have to slam the lever to get the the belly mower to lower. Any thoughts as well?

/ TZ24DA hydraulics #3  
welcome to tbn.

Now.. I don't own that modle tractor.. however rough idle my mean dirty injectors. she should idle smooth.. 3 cyl engines still run pretty smooth.. get down to 2 cyl and you might hear some hammer.. etc..

as for 3pt.

MOST tractors do not have 3pt down pressure.

many tractors have an orifice valve to slow down hyd drop rate.. check your model to see if it does. it may be screwed in nearly to it's stop..

soundguy

/ TZ24DA hydraulics
Soundguy

Thanks for the information

/ TZ24DA hydraulics #5  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the New Holland Buying/Pricing Forum.

/ TZ24DA hydraulics #6  
Welcome to TBN!

The NH subcompacts along with most other tractors of this size do not have power down three point hitch which Soundguy also stated. The rockshaft also powers the mid mount implement lift. Through all of the linkage speed is lost, but they are not fast to begin with, so I dont really think the tractor you are looking at necessarily has a problem.

As for it running rough at a low idle, I have run into several tractors that simply have the turn buckle on the throttle linkage turned to far out and not allowing the engine to maintain enough fuel flow. Another, and more likely cause could be dirty, old, or moisture rich fuel. Changing the fuel filter and cleaning that sediment bowl may help. Not to again repeat our esteemed Soundguy, but I agree that dirt anywhere in the fuel system causes issues. As a last remaining resort, the fuel shutoff solenoid that screws into the injection pump could be sticky or not opening all the way. I have seen that replaced on numerous occassions, but mostly when the tractor will not stay running at all. There is a steel and rubber popet valve in there in front of the solenoid that could also be sticking until the engine is requiring more fuel.

All in all, sounds like a minor issue.

/ TZ24DA hydraulics #7  
Did you end up buying the tz24da? Just seen this post and was curious how you made out if you bought it and if you resolved the issues you listed above. Thanks

/ TZ24DA hydraulics
I did end up buying the tractor and have been very pleased with it. After looking at it for a while, it appeared to me that the control handle was hitting the plastic molding not allowing to travel all the way forward. I took a drimel and sanded the plastic a little to allow the handle to travel furhther and havent had any issues since.

I'm not sure if that was the correct fix though.

/ TZ24DA hydraulics #9  
always good to hear feedback and reports afterwards!

/ TZ24DA hydraulics #10  
Yes, a follow up note is great. Thanks and I'm glad it worked out for you.