What's a Ford 1210 worth?

/ What's a Ford 1210 worth? #1  

rooftrussman

Tractor
Ford 1210 (1986)
I was going to sell this tractor a year or two ago but found other things to do. Now I 'm done with those things, so now the question is what it's worth. It's a Ford 1210 AWD without a mid PTO. It has a BH and FEL that were original equipment when it was new. It doesn't have roll bar and the assorted body parts, fender, hood etc. have some dents and wear but runs well, starts easy and was recently checked by the Ford dealer and had a couple leaks and other mechanical items fixed and he gave it a clean bill of health for an old tractor. The BH has 2 buckets and I have assorted manuals etc. that one gets when one owns a tractor. Any idea from anybody what it might be worth in the Washington DC area would be appreciated. I bought it 5 or 6 years ago for about 8K and haven't used it to the point that it would be any the worse for wear.

Also any thoughts on where to list it would be appreciated. I would guess on this site or Craigs list but open to ideas. Thanks.

/ What's a Ford 1210 worth? #2  
4k-5k around here if it had some new paint

soundguy

/ What's a Ford 1210 worth? #3  
4k-5k around here if it had some new paint

soundguy

that would be tops i have a 1215 for sale right now in good shape 4wd hst with loader and cant get 4500 and its most likely 10 years newer than the 1210

/ What's a Ford 1210 worth? #4  
does it have a hoe? I was pricing with loader and hoe...

/ What's a Ford 1210 worth? #5  
I don't think paint will help if you have a mechanical problem. No parts available. Used parts , dealers want a fortune. Looking for a crankshaft and head for the past three years..... and still looking. If the loader / backhoe can be refitted to another machine it would be worth the price of the attachments. ( my 2 cents )

/ What's a Ford 1210 worth? #6  
yep.. parts fro them old subcuts.. especially front end components can get hairy. easier to find parts for a 60 yer old.. :)

/ What's a Ford 1210 worth? #7  
Hello. I have a Ford 1210 with a broken steering column and steering wheel. Anyone still have one they are parting out or know where I can buy new ones?

/ What's a Ford 1210 worth? #8  
I have a Ford 1210 with a broken steering column & shaft. Do you still have parts? I could also use a dash but can get by without it.

/ What's a Ford 1210 worth? #9  
migth check to see if a 1700 will fit.. someone is parting one here..

also.. check wengers of pa

/ What's a Ford 1210 worth? #10  
That machine is in a niche with few buyers so it will take a long time to sell.
I don't think you can get your money out of it no matter how much work you do to it, but you never know. Where you live the cost of living is quite high and so are the incomes. If you advertise it in the right place and wait long enough you may get more than 4-5k.
Having said that and having read here that parts are hard to find......you may want to step it up a bit. Should something major go wrong.....you are just one crankshaft away from scrap metal. I don't know if that loader or hoe will work on another machine or not...so ....you don't want to get stuck. .
I have done that myself and always regretted not selling something mechanical when I was thinking about it.That machine is at least 26 years old
I suggest you take some photos and post it on craigslist with an email address, not a phone number. Bump it back to the top of the list every few days and see whet type of response you get. Price it at your highest expected price. call it a "SNOW MOVER". You may just sell it before the winter and have a bunch of cash for the holidays.