Ford 1520 price check

/ Ford 1520 price check #1  

MCG1238

Tractor
N/A
Hello,

I have been looking at getting a tractor and today i stumbled on one. I want to get a price check. I tried to search the forum and couldn't locate any recent ones... So i signed up and when i purchase one i will be on the forum daily.

The tractor i found is a 1997 Ford 1520 2wd tractor. It is a one owner tractor with 820 hrs, manuals and receipts included. It has two brand new rear tires and front tires are foam filled. It looks great, no rust and garage kept since new. It comes with a 5ft ford 9xx finishing mower. It starts right up, runs great and no problems. Paint is great and everything else is tight. He is asking 6,800.

What do you guys think?

/ Ford 1520 price check
Any advise on the make and model would also be helpful. Seeing as i may still be in the market if i do not purchase this one.

Thanks!

/ Ford 1520 price check #3  
Any advise on the make and model would also be helpful. Seeing as i may still be in the market if i do not purchase this one.

Thanks!

1520 is made by a Japanese manufacture called shibaura that made utility compact tractor for Ford and now New Holland. I'm not at all keeping up with the news but since last year or so NH has gone to a Korean Manufacture for the new line of compact tractor. 1520 is a great tractor and with your description the price is good. It does have alive PTO that is a real advantage. Parts might end up being an issue but yours is pretty new in comparison to my 1979 vintage. I yet to have any issue with wearable (consumable parts) at all. Major engine components will be a different story. Clutch disk and part are somewhat shared with much newer models as well. Does this thing have a loader. With a loader it would be absolute no brainer with your description.

JC,

welcome to TBN Blue.

/ Ford 1520 price check #4  
Not sure if you pulled the trigger on this one yet, but thought I'd weigh in. I own a 1920 with about 2000 hours on it. So far I'm very impressed with the tractor, and found most people on this forum that have these Ford Shiburha (sic) made tractord swear by them.

That being said, I would offer this:

Like JC-Jetro says, if it has the factory loader, it's a no brainer, snap it up, or offer $6k, and if you get it, you've done very well.

That being said, IF there is no loader, and you think you'd want to get one later, than I'd think twice about that price.

The 7108 loader for my 1920 is hard to come, and when you do find them, they command high prices. One recently sold on Ebay for about $2000, but at 500 miles away the freight was excessive, and I'd be buying it based on photos. Another is on CL in NY, guy wants $3500!

I bought my tractor at auction, needed some minor work, but I guess people thought otherwise because I bought it for under $1800, and they even jumped the solenoid to show the diesel ran fine!

Now, I know for a fact, if that tractor had a FEL on it, I would have never bought it because the bidding war would have drove the price out of my comfort zone, because the tractor would not move, and the thought was it had tranny issues (it did not).

Point is, the FEL really makes a big differance in value...........too much in my opinion. The other issue is 4WD. If you don't think you'll ever need 4WD, than don't sweat it, but it does drive up the value.

Last thought, I am in Massachusetts, and I know where there is a 2003 New Holland TC33 4wd with hydro, 2100 hours, no loader, that can be had for $7500 CASH. I would have bought it, but I had just bought this 1920 when I found out about it.

The Tc33 was also made by the Japanese company.

Keep us posted on what you buy!

Steve W.

/ Ford 1520 price check
Well i got it for 6,500. Let me know what ya think. I also was wondering if anyone knew what type of hitch i need? It is not a square its more of a rectangle.

Thanks!

DSC04021.jpg

DSC04019.jpg

DSC04027.jpg

DSC04025.jpg

DSC04026.jpg

DSC04024.jpg

DSC04030.jpg

DSC04033.jpg

/ Ford 1520 price check #7  
Nice tractor. I have a 2003 NH TC30- very similar- Shibaura. Tractor supply has a drawbar that will work- but if you are towing with a ball, you need a way to keep the drawbar from rotating. I use this drawbar stabilizer with a drawbar (Tractor Supply) .
"Functional Accessories For Work & Play"

I also have this which is great to carry stuff on the 3 pt hitch- raises and lowers. Tractor supply sells the frame and you bolt on wooden boards to make a platform- I can carry 9 bags of shavings, firewood, grain, etc on the back of my tractor. Extremely useful.
CountyLine Carry All, Category 1 Quick Hitch Compatible - 2128210 | Tractor Supply Company

/ Ford 1520 price check
so I cant hook up a ball hitch right under the pto... it looks like that's what its made 4

/ Ford 1520 price check #9  
Sweet looking 1520 tractor! For comparison, I paid $7000 for my 1998 Ford/NH Model 1920 4WD. Price included a 5' Fred Cain rotary cutter (~$500) and Bush Hog brand front end loader (~$1800). It had 560 hours on it. I had to put a new dual clutch in it ($1200 including labor) and most all of the sheet metal is bent or dented from the previous owner clearing trees. So, my 1920 comparison number should be $8200 with rotary cutter and FEL. I've put about 80 hours on the tractor, mostly bush hogging fields and FEL lifting during pole barn construction, with no major problems. The starter regularly needs "coaxing" with a small hammer but I bought a replacement on eBay for $80; just haven't gotton around to the install. The rear tires are loaded with antifreeze/water as ballast and this helps. All in all, I'm very happy with my 1920! It has done very job I asked and runs solid. Good luck with your 1520!

/ Ford 1520 price check #10  
so I cant hook up a ball hitch right under the pto... it looks like that's what its made 4

If you already have a drawbar going across from wheel to wheel in the back-- that my rotate if you put a ball hitch on it. If your bar is front to back underneath the pto then it is a good place to put a ball hitch the way it is.

Do you have an owner's manual for it- that would be helpful to you.
Ford Tractor Manual Technical Data and Information
Good luck with it!