Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Thanks for the additional info and pictures! Very helpful.
    Inane,
    Do you have any hills on your property? How stable is the tractor with the wheels on the narrow setting like that? I believe I would need a bit wider stance due to some hilly areas but of course I don't know that.
    My L series kubota is stable enough at about 68" wide. How do the larger tractors compare at similar widths stability wise? I'd imagine since they are talker, then at the same width they would be less stable? But, I have no personal experience on one. My only concern with going over 72" wide or so, is then my brush hog wouldn't cover my tracks.
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Gold Member
    Tractor
    all new holland

Default Re: Powerstar T4.75

Quote Originally Posted by inane2 View Post
    Hey Piston,

I sold my TT75A (great tractor) and had narrowed my new one down to a T4.75 or a M7040. I almost pulled the trigger on the orange several times because I was having a heck of a time finding a T4. Barlow's had several M7040's and he priced them right. Plus the kubota had a better warranty, 0% for 60 (vs 0% for 48) and was cheaper. However, I kept thinking about how nice the cab was on the NH and how nice it was laid out.

I finally got a T4 specd' out the way I wanted it and have been very happy with it. As foreman mentioned, the tractors are the same size. The Kubota is a hair taller and the Kubota has 9.5-24's on the front where the NH has 11-24's.

Concerning the 540E, I pull my Bush Hog Squealer SQ840 (7' rotary cutter) on the 540E setting and it runs out just fine. I didn't get around to my first cutting until July so the stuff was thick. It rocked on with no problems. Your throttle is also "governed" in this setting, you can't push it past somewhere around 1700 rpm or so. Used a Land Pride 15' batwing (RCRM3515) to take care of the bigger fields but use it in the regular 540 mode.

The chart I had posted from Kubota showing the comparisons was a bit inaccurate. Some of the T4 and C75 info was premature or simply unavailable. The Case should have shown a wet clutch was available with the shuttle shift.

Dirtiest pic so far :

And I do realize it's not even that dirty. I was bushhogging behind the dam of an old pond that has a decent leak. She sunk down pretty good (especially with 4,000lbs of dead weight - batwing), but with the flick of a switch, she backed out just fine.

jdbnh, ljohnson778 and foreman eTexas were all very big help to me during my tractor research / purchase phase. I certainly appreciate all of their help as they are a great source of info.
    hey looks good man!!! glad you are liking it.

Tractor
    New Holland T5070

Quote Originally Posted by inane2

Hey Piston,

I sold my TT75A (great tractor) and had narrowed my new one down to a T4.75 or a M7040. I almost pulled the trigger on the orange several times because I was having a heck of a time finding a T4. Barlow's had several M7040's and he priced them right. Plus the kubota had a better warranty, 0% for 60 (vs 0% for 48) and was cheaper. However, I kept thinking about how nice the cab was on the NH and how nice it was laid out.

I finally got a T4 specd' out the way I wanted it and have been very happy with it. As foreman mentioned, the tractors are the same size. The Kubota is a hair taller and the Kubota has 9.5-24's on the front where the NH has 11-24's.

Concerning the 540E, I pull my Bush Hog Squealer SQ840 (7' rotary cutter) on the 540E setting and it runs out just fine. I didn't get around to my first cutting until July so the stuff was thick. It rocked on with no problems. Your throttle is also "governed" in this setting, you can't push it past somewhere around 1700 rpm or so. Used a Land Pride 15' batwing (RCRM3515) to take care of the bigger fields but use it in the regular 540 mode.

The chart I had posted from Kubota showing the comparisons was a bit inaccurate. Some of the T4 and C75 info was premature or simply unavailable. The Case should have shown a wet clutch was available with the shuttle shift.

Dirtiest pic so far :

And I do realize it's not even that dirty. I was bushhogging behind the dam of an old pond that has a decent leak. She sunk down pretty good (especially with 4,000lbs of dead weight - batwing), but with the flick of a switch, she backed out just fine.

jdbnh, ljohnson778 and foreman eTexas were all very big help to me during my tractor research / purchase phase. I certainly appreciate all of their help as they are a great source of info.
    Wow, seeing yours brings back memories... I really liked my T4, but knew I was going to have to go bigger. If I could've swung both, I would've done it in a heartbeat! Glad all is well, haven't heard from you in a while.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -
    Benjamin Franklin

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
    -Winston Churchill

Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

Quote Originally Posted by inane2 View Post
    Piston,

Here is a pic of my T4.75 with a 84" Tennessee River HD box blade. It measures 85" overall. As you can tell, each side does stick out slightly from the outer edges of the tires. I do have my rears at the narrow setting.

Hey looks good,thanks for the kind words my friend. How you like that cab?

Tractor

I've seen a couple different 'numbers' regarding hydraulic specs for the 4.75. According to the manual, what is the flow and pressure (not including power steering pump) of the hydraulic system for the hydraulic shuttle option? I've seen a couple different places saying 12gpm for both transmission options, then I saw 16gpm for the hydraulic shuttle shift option, but not sure which is correct? How about pressure? I haven't found anywhere what the operating pressure is.
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    2005 New Holland TN60A ROPS

First I want to say hello to all and thanks for some great info. I have a 2005 NH TN60A ROPS with a Woods FEL and bobcat style QD. I am looking to upgrade for one main reason, the older I get the worst my allergies are getting. I have standing hay at the moment and looking for a sign of promising weather in the next few days to cut it but at the same time dreading the fact I have to wear a fine micron mask and will still be miserable with what pollen etc. that will be blowing into my face eyes/etc. I think you get my point. I have looked at the 4030 in the past and was not real impressed with the layout and now NH has the T4.75 and it looks like a great design. I'm looking for some feedback on the motor quality/issues if any as well as the hydraulics etc. My TN60 has ok hydros, wish they were a bit faster on the FEL but it works (I could just work a lil faster at times). I currently have the 12 X 12 trans and I think I will order my new tractor with that. I def want the shuttle shift as I do grade my roads and it would make that task alot nicer. I see it has an option for a shiftable PTO, can someone shed some light on that for me? Back to my allergy issue, does the cab have a replaceable filter on it? What other options would I be wiser to go with at time of ordering vs. adding later, my TN60 has a single hydro port on the back and I could have used a double for my bailer but I had longer hoses made and run the gate control to my loader control as I drop the FEL for hay processing. I will be stacking round bales 3 tiers high, should I get the visibilty package as well?

Thanks in advance!

Tractor

I forgot to add that my current tractor is 4 X 4 and the next will be also. Any tips etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Tractor

englewood,
    I can't answer too many of your questions, but to expand on the PTO question, the T4.75 has an available "EPTO", which stands for Economy PTO. It is a setting that allows the PTO to spin at a full 540 RPM but rather than using full throttle for full power, it limits the tractors RPM to something like 60% or so of the max power. I believe on the T4.75 that is around 1600 RPM, rather than 2300 RPM for full 540 power. I don't know if my numbers are exact or not but that is what I recall.

I like this feature as well, it would be nice to have the full 64PTO hp for things like my stumpgrinder or large rotary cutter, but when using the 6' cutter or chipper, I could keep it to Economy PTO setting which is probably somewhere between 45-50 pto hp or so. I like the ability to run at lower RPM's for both quiet operation as well as fuel savings.
    The tractor engine speed is governed when in EPTO mode so you are not able to bring the throttle over 1600RPM, which would essentially increase your PTO speed well above 540.
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor

I stopped by the dealr and he hadon ne lt. It was equipped with 90% of wha was on my wish list but had 100% of the must have/can't live without features. He stocks them exactly as the one I looked at and I am about 12 months away from purchasing. With that said, the window in the roof is not needed after sitting in that one and running it through its motions with the FEL. I had no problem seeing the bucket in full lift and didn't have to lean in the seat. The air ride seat is a must have item for me and it is very nice! I cannot rememberif that uni had the EPTO but that is something I think I will get as it should easily handle my disk mower (6' FELLA) and save some fuel. Now the dealer said the unit is severely under rated from he mfg as the one I was looking at on the PTO dyno was almost 80hp. Maybe that one is a fluke but he is going to check it against another when it comes in to see for certain. I have to say the best feature of the machine over the others I have sat in/looked at and comparing to my TH60A is the smart layout of the controls. Everything is where you would expect it to be for easy reach and no more worry of knocking the range selector to neutral when you get ou of the seat in a hurry like I do all the time on my TN. Now I just need to finish paying off my Harley to free up some of my income to afford the T4.75.

Tractor
    New Holland TC55DA, New Holland T4040

Update. I will be tradeing off my 75c. Only 61 hours on it, spent more time in shop than in my barn. I would recomend buying anything other than the powerstar line of tractors.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 LastLast