Buying Advice Powerstar T4.75

/ Powerstar T4.75 #1  

inane2

Silver Member
Tractor
NH T4.75 Powerstar, Kubota KX161-3 & SVL75-2
Good morning guys. Newb here, been lurking for a while. ;)

I'm currently in the market for a new tractor. I just sold my faithful New Holland TT75A (MFWD, Bush Hog FEL). Great, hard working tractor, did everything I asked it do to and then some. I'm just wanting a few more bells and whistles. I didn't anticipate my TT would sell as quick as it would, so I'm currently tractorless and that's fine for a few weeks.

While prepping my TT for sale, I decided on buying a new T4030 ROPS, MFWD and FEL. I found out there are a little hard to come by right now thanks to the Powerstar being "introduced". T4.75's started popping up at my local dealers and I think they look really sharp. However, they are all cab models with NH FEL's. I had never considered buying a cab model until now. My farm terrain would be pretty open to it, except right along fence rows. Plus, the AC would be nice for summer bush-hogging.

With that said, I sat in a cab T4030 and a cab T4.75. In my opinion, it's like night and day. The Powerstar beats the T4030 in every category (room, ergonomics, view, etc.) However, the T4030 can be bought much cheaper simply due to NH phasing them out.

While at the NFMS, I asked several NH reps about the ROPS T4.75 (they had 2 cab models there). They informed me that NH started building them in Turkey the first of February. One rep said expect late fall delivery and another told me April delivery. So, I may wind up with a cab because of the wait for a ROPS.

While reviewing the literature for the T4.75, I noticed it has a FIAT engine, the FC5 (not an Iveco). However, it has an internal EGR system. This is where my hesitation comes in. I work on diesel engines 40+ hours a week and believe me, I have seen the EGR woes that manufacturers (and owners) have experienced when first introducing EPA components in an engine, from Navistar all the way to Cummins. Couldn't find much info online about the FC5, but I'm guessing it's a new engine.

Are there any T4.75 owner's out there? There are about 6 Powerstars at local dealers around me and they've been there for about 4-5 weeks. There is not any real incentives on them right now other than 0% for 48.

I'm still debating the cab vs. ROPS but the availabilty may settle that for me ( I don't think I'd ever regret a cab, even if I can't bush-hog as close). I am going to splurge for Power Shuttle though. For what I want, it just seems like I stepped into the NH market at a akward time. I've always bled blue, but, for the first time, I'm also considering orange paint (M7040).

I did find this price list online :

http://wctractor.com/Price%20Lists/Price%20List%20POWERSTAR.pdf

I also found this order sheet from early 2011 :

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/maintenance/equipment/contracts/tractor_utility/2011/New%20Holland%20(CNH)/Powerstar%20Series.pdf

I know this post is about the T4.75, but one local dealer does have a T4.90, so if that's what you're looking for, they're out there!

I appreciate any comments, thanks!

/ Powerstar T4.75 #2  
look for one to local have one in stock see it and could not find it on lot it very busy year part sale my dealer sold out dec 2011 and new ower has two store prices 33.5000 /47,000 price list no deals i did not ower /sale person go back after part sale get price ! i do not need the loader all have on add 5,600 6,600 dealer 30 miles have two store to in stock list cab 4x4 12.x12 loader $47,000 to high i think think i can get one with no loader cab buddy seat 38,000 t0 $40,000 cash out door to my farm look at a case dealer same tractor in red and get prices to
tractor house .com T4030 with cab good tractor will cheaper if get one

what prices you got?

/ Powerstar T4.75 #3  
read power star borad on here to

/ Powerstar T4.75
Hello!

I haven't actually got down to pricing on the tractors. I'm using that price list I attached in the original thread to give me an idea on the T4.75. NH's programs on the T4030 are much better than on the T4.75. Just like a new vehicle, they dont' have to offer much on a new model.

I read the entire thead on here concerning the PowerStar line. Seems like this has been an ongoing issue with this series.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #5  
well the only real issue NH has had with powerstar was just the date they kept saying they would come out kept getting pushed back, but finally they are here!! great tractors, great response from customers so far too. the reason the release date was pushed back was jsut to make sure the tractors quality was up to standrds especially since it is a new model.

You said you saw a T4.90? as a dealer i am wondering how that is possible because all the 90 and 100 dealers had on order from teh start where cancelled becuase the TIer 4 requirement is so close for those models, NH decided to wait and put the Tier4 emissions requirments on those models and then we all will reorder.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #6  
alos, if you have any more thoughts or questions on the T4 jsut let me know or pm me.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #7  
Good morning guys. Newb here, been lurking for a while. ;)

I'm currently in the market for a new tractor. I just sold my faithful New Holland TT75A (MFWD, Bush Hog FEL). Great, hard working tractor, did everything I asked it do to and then some. I'm just wanting a few more bells and whistles. I didn't anticipate my TT would sell as quick as it would, so I'm currently tractorless and that's fine for a few weeks.

While prepping my TT for sale, I decided on buying a new T4030 ROPS, MFWD and FEL. I found out there are a little hard to come by right now thanks to the Powerstar being "introduced". T4.75's started popping up at my local dealers and I think they look really sharp. However, they are all cab models with NH FEL's. I had never considered buying a cab model until now. My farm terrain would be pretty open to it, except right along fence rows. Plus, the AC would be nice for summer bush-hogging.

With that said, I sat in a cab T4030 and a cab T4.75. In my opinion, it's like night and day. The Powerstar beats the T4030 in every category (room, ergonomics, view, etc.) However, the T4030 can be bought much cheaper simply due to NH phasing them out.

While at the NFMS, I asked several NH reps about the ROPS T4.75 (they had 2 cab models there). They informed me that NH started building them in Turkey the first of February. One rep said expect late fall delivery and another told me April delivery. So, I may wind up with a cab because of the wait for a ROPS.

While reviewing the literature for the T4.75, I noticed it has a FIAT engine, the FC5 (not an Iveco). However, it has an internal EGR system. This is where my hesitation comes in. I work on diesel engines 40+ hours a week and believe me, I have seen the EGR woes that manufacturers (and owners) have experienced when first introducing EPA components in an engine, from Navistar all the way to Cummins. Couldn't find much info online about the FC5, but I'm guessing it's a new engine.

Are there any T4.75 owner's out there? There are about 6 Powerstars at local dealers around me and they've been there for about 4-5 weeks. There is not any real incentives on them right now other than 0% for 48.

I'm still debating the cab vs. ROPS but the availabilty may settle that for me ( I don't think I'd ever regret a cab, even if I can't bush-hog as close). I am going to splurge for Power Shuttle though. For what I want, it just seems like I stepped into the NH market at a akward time. I've always bled blue, but, for the first time, I'm also considering orange paint (M7040).

I did find this price list online :

http://wctractor.com/Price%20Lists/Price%20List%20POWERSTAR.pdf

I also found this order sheet from early 2011 :

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/maintenance/equipment/contracts/tractor_utility/2011/New%20Holland%20(CNH)/Powerstar%20Series.pdf

I know this post is about the T4.75, but one local dealer does have a T4.90, so if that's what you're looking for, they're out there!

I appreciate any comments, thanks!

We have also looked at the price of the new powerstar(well wife did) the only thing she wonted was the buddy seat but we can get an M8540 kubota(0%-60MNTHS) for the price we would spend on the 4.75.(42,000) The place were you got the prices on-line is were she stopped in and looked at them WCT in bryan,tx.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #8  
...While reviewing the literature for the T4.75, I noticed it has a FIAT engine, the FC5 (not an Iveco). However, it has an internal EGR system. This is where my hesitation comes in. I work on diesel engines 40+ hours a week and believe me, I have seen the EGR woes that manufacturers (and owners) have experienced when first introducing EPA components in an engine, from Navistar all the way to Cummins...
Can you or some of the others reading along explain a little to us about the internal EGR and the problems these have caused? Is the T4.75 what's called a Tier 3 engine? Do you know why is it on the big Case/NH tractors they are using the Exhaust Fluid and that seems to work OK? Would the ones with the exhaust fluid be meeting Tier 4 specs and not have EGR? I assume the smaller tractors like the Workmaster are made in Turkey and have the EGR engines also? Sorry for all the questions but I've been thinking of purchasing a small Workmaster or A series, so if they have EGR that has the potential for problems I might have to think twice. Does Kubota use EGR on tractors this size? I have a TD with a Tier 2 Iveco and like it, no problems so far, but it weems that a lot of things are changing.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #9  
Can you or some of the others reading along explain a little to us about the internal EGR and the problems these have caused? Is the T4.75 what's called a Tier 3 engine? Do you know why is it on the big Case/NH tractors they are using the Exhaust Fluid and that seems to work OK? Would the ones with the exhaust fluid be meeting Tier 4 specs and not have EGR? I assume the smaller tractors like the Workmaster are made in Turkey and have the EGR engines also? Sorry for all the questions but I've been thinking of purchasing a small Workmaster or A series, so if they have EGR that has the potential for problems I might have to think twice. Does Kubota use EGR on tractors this size? I have a TD with a Tier 2 Iveco and like it, no problems so far, but it weems that a lot of things are changing.

the tractors that have the DEF fluid are tractors that you want to have moer power, run cooler, and have the best fule economy possible because these are high horsepower tractors and run all day long.....the smaller hp tractors that will have the EGR system are in the utility line up of tractors. they arent a high hp engine and the filter system will work just fine. Put this filter system in the High Hp tractors though and you will have issues, this is a WHOLE nother thread and i wont go into that part of it........right now and probably until at least 2013, tractors like the work master and smaller will not have any kind of new exhaust system. eventually they will but not yet. at the moment everythign over 175 hp has the DEF fluid. they are also starting to do it on about 115hp tractors and up. some models below this hp they are starting to implement the EGR liek in the Powerstar T4.90 and 100 we will see later this year.

the DEf fluid is the change from tier 3 up to tier 4. these engines run cooler, have better hp and torque, and have the same fuel economy as you would have gotten out of a engine back in the Tier 2 days.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #10  
the tractors that have the DEF fluid are tractors that you want to have moer power, run cooler, and have the best fule economy possible because these are high horsepower tractors and run all day long.....the smaller hp tractors that will have the EGR system are in the utility line up of tractors. they arent a high hp engine and the filter system will work just fine. Put this filter system in the High Hp tractors though and you will have issues, this is a WHOLE nother thread and i wont go into that part of it........right now and probably until at least 2013, tractors like the work master and smaller will not have any kind of new exhaust system. eventually they will but not yet. at the moment everythign over 175 hp has the DEF fluid. they are also starting to do it on about 115hp tractors and up. some models below this hp they are starting to implement the EGR liek in the Powerstar T4.90 and 100 we will see later this year.

the DEf fluid is the change from tier 3 up to tier 4. these engines run cooler, have better hp and torque, and have the same fuel economy as you would have gotten out of a engine back in the Tier 2 days.
Hey, thanks for the info. You say the EGR will be on the T4.90 and 100 later this year. But is it already being used on the 4.75 like inane2 said? And on the Workmaster/A Series?