Boomer 25

/ Boomer 25 #11  
I test drove the LS version (J2030H w/loader) about a month ago and liked the tractor but was somewhat disappointed by a few things. There are no individual wheel brakes and the hydro uses a fan on the transmission instead of a separate cooler by the radiator. Fit/finish seemed ok. It felt like it was a bit tall/narrow. I am going from an old Kubota B7100 and wanted to improve stability amongst other things and this one didn't give me the impression that it would be as stable as I want it. The fan cooled transmission was enough to rule this one out for me as I use my tractor to get/split firewood and would trash the fan in no time. This may not be a problem for other folks though.
Doug

/ Boomer 25 #12  
I own a 2012 Boomer 25. Do not buy one. I paid cash $11,900 for the tractor only, no MMM, no FEL. I bought a 2004 NH TZ24DA new and I loved it, so I was ready for a new tractor and bought the Boomer 25 3/4/2012 sight unseen. MISTAKE.... I love my small town local dealership and I am so disappointed in NH the corporation.

as of right now the tractor has spent more time at the dealer than at my home.

1. Have your local dealer hook up a shredder or post hole digger to the 3 point linkage at the rear. The PTO engages at full speed like popping a clutch in a car. It is so violent it broke my shredder.
NH is researching a fix to the problem for all Boomer 25/20.

2. The battery cable to the starter is not properly connected on half of the Boomer 25/20 units I was told. My tractor caught fire when the cable touched the frame and blew the fuse in the battery. There is suppose to be a grommet or spacer between the cable and tractor frame. My tractor did not have it. The cable and battery are on back order. So my tractor just sits at the dealership with no end in sight.. So far two weeks.

3. My engines boggs down to easily.

4. The HST pedal is just uncomfortable to me.

5. There is no 12v cigarette connector under the seat like on older models. I use the 12v for a pull behind spray rig, cell phone charger and a small portable air pump for low tires.

6. The levers, handle and cup holder around the seat are just awkard. I like my older model better. I wear shorts when I mow and when I dismount I constantly am catching my shorts on the levers.

I am a Ford man and NH to me is Ford. I am so disappointed in this tractor and NH the corporation.

so far my research tells me to buy a Kubota B2920 if I ever get my money back from NH. NH has until 5/30/2012 or I will be forced to sue.

king

Last edited:
   / Boomer 25 #13  
I own a 2012 Boomer 25. Do not buy one. I paid cash $11,900 for the tractor only, no MMM, no FEL. I bought a 2004 NH TZ24DA new and I loved it, so I was ready for a new tractor and bought the Boomer 25 3/4/2012 sight unseen. MISTAKE.... I love my small town local dealership and I am so disappointed in NH the corporation.

as of right now the tractor has spent more time at the dealer than at my home.

1. Have your local dealer hook up a shredder or post hole digger to the 3 point linkage at the rear. The PTO engages at full speed like popping a clutch in a car. It is so violent it broke my shredder.
NH is researching a fix to the problem for all Boomer 25/20.

2. The battery cable to the starter is not properly connected on half of the Boomer 25/20 units I was told. My tractor caught fire when the cable touched the frame and blew the fuse in the battery. There is suppose to be a grommet or spacer between the cable and tractor frame. My tractor did not have it. The cable and battery are on back order. So my tractor just sits at the dealership with no end in sight.. So far two weeks.

3. My engines boggs down to easily.

4. The HST pedal is just uncomfortable to me.

5. There is no 12v cigarette connector under the seat like on older models. I use the 12v for a pull behind spray rig, cell phone charger and a small portable air pump for low tires.

6. The levers, handle and cup holder around the seat are just awkard. I like my older model better. I wear shorts when I mow and when I dismount I constantly am catching my shorts on the levers.

I am a Ford man and NH to me is Ford. I am so disappointed in this tractor and NH the corporation.

so far my research tells me to buy a Kubota B2920 if I ever get my money back from NH. NH has until 5/30/2012 or I will be forced to sue.

king

sounds like you have a tractor that is having some issues. sorry to hear. first off, all of the Boomer 20 and 25 we have sold and delt with have been great. no issues, so your dealer deffienlty needs to help you out with your situation. i will say, as a dealer, if your dealer is following protocal and fixing your tractor under warranty, suing will not do anything but waster your money on a lawyer. just fyi..............

/ Boomer 25 #14  
Have your local dealer hook up a shredder or post hole digger to the 3 point linkage at the rear. The PTO engages at full speed like popping a clutch in a car. It is so violent it broke my shredder. NH is researching a fix to the problem for all Boomer 25/20.

I would expect something bad to happen. The PTO is engaged at idle and then run up to operating speed. If my wife engages the PTO at full speed, something I never do :D, it will break the shear pin. Does your shredder have the proper shear pin or slip clutch inline?

/ Boomer 25 #15  
I love my local dealership.
they are doing all they can. I have no complaints.
they are at the mercy of NH the corporation.
I promise you unless your Boomer 25s are built different the PTO is bad.
I very respectfully ask you to hook up a shredder and engage the electronic knob for the PTO.
it is violent what happens next. It is close to the sound of a gun going off.

if you have one that functions properly please send me a video of the PTO engaging properly and my dealership will buy it.. They can not find one.

thank you.

please forgive me I love NH tractors but I really dislike the corporation.
I am only focused on the compact tractors I am positive the big tractors are wonderful.

/ Boomer 25 #16  
I would expect something bad to happen. The PTO is engaged at idle and then run up to operating speed. If my wife engages the PTO at full speed, something I never do :D, it will break the shear pin. Does your shredder have the proper shear pin or slip clutch inline?

yes idle is 1400, my dealer knocked the idle down to 800 as one of their tests.
the tractor is not made to idle at 800 and the PTO engagement was the same.
yes my shear bolt was weak and old, now I have a 5 grade bolt and the PTO engagement is violent, horrible and flat out scary.

I video the issues and NH has the videos. The area service guy came down and experimented for two days. No luck, he video the results to NH. Now he flew up to Penn. for a week visit about the issue.
he is to return Friday with an experimental valve, but now the battery and cable to starter burned up and the items are on back order so he will be down on friday but can not start my tractor due to the battery and cable destroyed.

/ Boomer 25 #17  
sounds like you have a tractor that is having some issues. sorry to hear. first off, all of the Boomer 20 and 25 we have sold and delt with have been great. no issues, so your dealer deffienlty needs to help you out with your situation. i will say, as a dealer, if your dealer is following protocal and fixing your tractor under warranty, suing will not do anything but waster your money on a lawyer. just fyi..............

thank for responding. I answered a couple of lines below or above please read.

/ Boomer 25 #18  
king, i hope they can help you out. when my shipment of the Boomer 20 and 25 come in, i will try them out and let you know as presently we are sold out. they should arrinve any time. I feel like they will come up with a solution for you. keep us posted

/ Boomer 25 #19  
my local dealership is going to refund my money and they are going to deal with CNH. They believe CNH is going to send out a memo to all dealers to hold what you got until CNH can come up with a solution to the PTO violent engagement issue.

/ Boomer 25 #20  
I am certainly interested in this thread and how you make out. I was seriously thinking about the Boomer 25, but I think now I'll wait and see how you make out! Please keep us updated on how you do.