Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Default Re: NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors.

I'm hearing that the CVT is coming back, but it might not be built by Shibaura, or at least not built in Japan.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    all new holland

still Shibaru but built in Mexico Plant......should be quicker builds, and cheaper freight....

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Yep, I'm hearing that the factory might be a lot closer and not have to travel over an ocean to get here.
    Jim

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by Lt CHEG View Post
    That's outstanding news. NH had the best CUT cab in the industry, it is good that they are going to offer them again. While I prefer the Shibaura CUT's to the LS ones, it's probably an easier justification to bring back the Shibaura cab models seeing as LS doesn't offer a cab. Maybe this will signal more production by Shibaura for NH again.
    Why do you say that LS has no cabs? It sure looks to me that they have at least a couple, starting at 47hp.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    John Deere and New Holland/Ford Tractors

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    Nah, they do not as the LS website shows. The conversation here is centered on the LS compact tractors that NH is reselling.

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by eagle107 View Post
    Nah, they do not as the LS website shows. The conversation here is centered on the LS compact tractors that NH is reselling.
    That's outstanding news. NH had the best CUT cab in the industry, it is good that they are going to offer them again. While I prefer the Shibaura CUT's to the LS ones, it's probably an easier justification to bring back the Shibaura cab models seeing as LS doesn't offer a cab. Maybe this will signal more production by Shibaura for NH again.
    Yeah, I guess that I just didn't get the New Holland part. All I saw and read was LS doesn't have cabbed tractors. I do agree with the idea that the Shibaura CUT's had the best cab though.
    Brian

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Yeah, I guess that I just didn't get the New Holland part. All I saw and read was LS doesn't have cabbed tractors. I do agree with the idea that the Shibaura CUT's had the best cab though.
    It was just assumed since this was a discussion about the NH compacts.

I know you guys who run LS tractors love them though but what surprised me was as soon as NH dropped the Shibaura compacts and replaced them with LS the New Holland dealers took it upon themselves to add a different brand of compacts. Be it kubota, Kioti or like my local NH dealer, Mahindra. The dealers were not too keen on selling the LS versions which I am sure only hurt the overall reputation among the NH guys.

I personally have never seen an LS tractor up close and have no opinion of them one way or the other. The only thing that matters to me is that the tractor is reliable and I have a good dealer for it.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_in_NY View Post
    It was just assumed since this was a discussion about the NH compacts.

I know you guys who run LS tractors love them though but what surprised me was as soon as NH dropped the Shibaura compacts and replaced them with LS the New Holland dealers took it upon themselves to add a different brand of compacts. Be it kubota, Kioti or like my local NH dealer, Mahindra. The dealers were not too keen on selling the LS versions which I am sure only hurt the overall reputation among the NH guys.

I personally have never seen an LS tractor up close and have no opinion of them one way or the other. The only thing that matters to me is that the tractor is reliable and I have a good dealer for it.
    Robert, are you saying that I am an LS guy? I don't own any LS tractors. I guess that it might have been clearer if it had been said that there are no New Holland cab tractors made by LS instead of there are no LS cab tractors.

Anyway, my mistake, lets move on.
    Brian

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Robert, are you saying that I am an LS guy? I don't own any LS tractors. I guess that it might have been clearer if it had been said that there are no New Holland cab tractors made by LS instead of there are no LS cab tractors.

Anyway, my mistake, lets move on.
    Sorry, I remember you had a blue tractor but it wasn't a New Holland, I forgot you had your Mahindra painted up blue So my mistake as well

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_in_NY View Post
    I know you guys who run LS tractors love them though but what surprised me was as soon as NH dropped the Shibaura compacts and replaced them with LS the New Holland dealers took it upon themselves to add a different brand of compacts.
    NH dealers have been adding other lines of compacts for years since NH had pricing issues with the Shibaura models. The down side has been that there is no question that these LS tractors are not the quality that we had been used to with ISM and thats turned a lot of dealers off. I don't think you'll find too many dealers who where happy to have a good tractor taken off their lot and replaced with a lesser machine. How is it said.. "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast