NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #21  
NH dealers have been adding other lines of compacts for years since NH had pricing issues with the Shibaura models. The down side has been that there is no question that these LS tractors are not the quality that we had been used to with ISM and thats turned a lot of dealers off. I don't think you'll find too many dealers who where happy to have a good tractor taken off their lot and replaced with a lesser machine. How is it said.. "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten"

So the question is, when is NH going to be shipping the new units out? Are they ready now or is it going to be a couple of months before we see them? I am pretty sure my neighbor would like to trade his TC40D in for one of these new models.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #22  
I have been riding one of those "lesser machines" since 2007 (both Montana and LS) and have had no problems - I guess I don't know what I'm missing? :)

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #23  
I have been riding one of those "lesser machines" since 2007 (both Montana and LS) and have had no problems - I guess I don't know what I'm missing? :)

Yea I agree. I guess if my dealer had that opinon I wouldn't buy one either!

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #24  
I've been watching something that seems interesting. The local Case/Farmall dealer has a lot full of red tractors, but the New Holland dealer down the road where I shop has only a few blue tractors and a bunch of NH haying equipment. To get tractors to sell, they had to take on Mahindra, and their lot is loaded with them. Mahindra seems to be selling briskly for them. Now, I figure either the Case/Farmall dealer isn't selling many tractors and has lots of leftover inventory or there were lots more in the pipeline.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #25  
I've been watching something that seems interesting. The local Case/Farmall dealer has a lot full of red tractors, but the New Holland dealer down the road where I shop has only a few blue tractors and a bunch of NH haying equipment. To get tractors to sell, they had to take on Mahindra, and their lot is loaded with them. Mahindra seems to be selling briskly for them. Now, I figure either the Case/Farmall dealer isn't selling many tractors and has lots of leftover inventory or there were lots more in the pipeline.

well it is the same here. we have a lot full of Blue tractors, but we order what we need in good number and we turn them pretty quick. the Case dealer that is a mile up the road has a bunch of Case and some of them have been there at least 8+ months. in this area they just dont sale as good as Blue, or anything else for that mater.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #26  
well it is the same here. we have a lot full of Blue tractors, but we order what we need in good number and we turn them pretty quick. the Case dealer that is a mile up the road has a bunch of Case and some of them have been there at least 8+ months. in this area they just dont sale as good as Blue, or anything else for that mater.

However, I do hear that the red tractors seem to be $1500.00 or more than the blue tractors (at least in my area). Why is that? Are people willing to pay more for the Case name vs. NH name? Kind of weird seeing that they are the same tractors.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #28  
we sell both, the answer is yes.

well in my opinion no. the Case is usually higher, and around here and a lot of Texas, people do not want to pay more for a red one. One because service down here is not to great for the red. TWo, they are more, and three, when international harverster, or Case was Case back in the day, they were grear tractors, we owned 10, i grew up on them. from a 560 up to 1486 and some Case 7140's. Ford was great too. from way back with the N's to the Versatiles, and all. when New Holland bought out Ford, and took on Case, which pretty much became CNH, in a lot of peoples opinion, Case went away, and if Ford/New Holland wouldnt have picked them up, they may not even exsist. Again, this is what i see, and here, in our area.......

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #29  
NH dealers have been adding other lines of compacts for years since NH had pricing issues with the Shibaura models. The down side has been that there is no question that these LS tractors are not the quality that we had been used to with ISM and thats turned a lot of dealers off. I don't think you'll find too many dealers who where happy to have a good tractor taken off their lot and replaced with a lesser machine. How is it said.. "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten"
And the corollary might be "You get what you're willing to pay for."
What Neil says seems to be true, since the majority sentiment reflected here on TBN is displeasure with the Shibaura option being taken away. And the dealers too, our local NH outlet has just added Mahindra and they have been Ford/NH since prior to WW2.

But on the other hand if in fact "NH had pricing issues with the Shibaura models", and "LS tractors are not the quality that we had been used to", then I guess you can't have it both ways, Shibaura quality and a lower price and/or higher profit. What may eventually play out is that manufacturers will have to offer multiple levels of features/quality like NH and JD do with the full-size utilities, ie, Workmasters, TD's, 5D models etc., and then higher end like Powerstars and 5M tractors. I guess JD is already doing this to some extent in the compacts with the ..05 models.

We can all debate about price and quality issues, but IMO when you reduce the availabiltiy of cab models in compact tractors it's a loser.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #30  
I'm hearing that the CVT is coming back, but it might not be built by Shibaura, or at least not built in Japan.

The CVT Transmission wasn't built by Shibaura or in Japan.