NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #31  
I've been watching something that seems interesting. The local Case/Farmall dealer has a lot full of red tractors, but the New Holland dealer down the road where I shop has only a few blue tractors and a bunch of NH haying equipment. To get tractors to sell, they had to take on Mahindra, and their lot is loaded with them. Mahindra seems to be selling briskly for them. Now, I figure either the Case/Farmall dealer isn't selling many tractors and has lots of leftover inventory or there were lots more in the pipeline.

Funny you mention that. I just was up at the Case dealer the other day. Sure they had Case stuff, but for the little tractors they went with Kioti! My NH dealer sells the whole NH tractors like warm bread. You find only a different brand there when it came from a trade-in.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #32  
One question that I don't think has been addressed is how much of a premium do you have to pay to have your LS tractor be painted NH blue with NH graphics compared to having LS graphics and paint? Having one more finger on the scale is sure to add to the price that the dealer is paying. I'm sure it would be hard for a NH dealer to compete if they had a LS dealer down the road selling the same tractor but paying less for it from the factory.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors.
its hard to compare exactly because NH offers different floor planning, programming, financing and shipping options than LS does. At one point I had an LS dealer price sheet, they where marginly cheaper... but within an acceptable margin.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #34  
its hard to compare exactly because NH offers different floor planning, programming, financing and shipping options than LS does. At one point I had an LS dealer price sheet, they where marginly cheaper... but within an acceptable margin.

But doesn't the costs increase when you look at the standard equipment that the LS tractors have vs the NH Boomer tractors? Let say the LS R4047H was $22k and the Boomer 50 was $23.5k or $24k. It seems to be only a 1.5k to 2k difference, which is not bad. However, if you look at the standard equipment on the R4047H offering 2 pairs of remotes and the 7 pin rear electrical connector, that is about other $1,400.00 for 2 pairs of remotes and $150.00 for the 7 pin connector. Now that could be a $3k different instead of a possible 1.5k difference. Doesn't that become a concern for you? Any idea why NH would not offer the same standard equipment as the LS tractors? I am wondering if it based purely on profit seeing that each tractor NH purchases from LS would be cheaper without that standard equipment.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors.
No, its not a concern. As a business person I'd take an extra few months of floor planning and better programming over a feature that maybe 1 in 20 people use. That kinda stuff is important to dealer profitability and sustainability. Most customer have no clue what an LS is anyway, or have even seen an LS dealer. The typical customer is not going online and setting up charts with features like people on TBN do.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #36  
No, its not a concern. As a business person I'd take an extra few months of floor planning and better programming over a feature that maybe 1 in 20 people use. That kinda stuff is important to dealer profitability and sustainability. Most customer have no clue what an LS is anyway, or have even seen an LS dealer. The typical customer is not going online and setting up charts with features like people on TBN do.

X2......

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #38  
supposedly in the fall

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #39  
hi there my terance from sabah malaysia,i have buy an old shibaura tractor but im not sure what year it was made the only info i have on this tractor is 3 clynder,use diesel fuel and the level on the tractor say SE5340,is any one know about this model

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #40  
It will be interesting to see the price break down of these new ISM models...
Apparently Shibaura and NH got their act together and developed a plan to manufacturer in Mexico and deliver to the states at a cost savings...
With the CVT cab tractors NH has positioned themselves with a very desirable option in the CUT market...
Personally, I am truly grateful for this...
I just hope that they are not priced a lot higher than their Deere, Bota, and Massey counter parts...
The local NH dealer here just took on Mahindra to give their customers a lower cost alternative...