Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Tractor
    2007 New Holland TC34DA

Default Re: NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors.

Quote Originally Posted by terance bin bukarak View Post
    hi there my terance from sabah malaysia,i have buy an old shibaura tractor but im not sure what year it was made the only info i have on this tractor is 3 clynder,use diesel fuel and the level on the tractor say SE5340,is any one know about this model
    Post is off-topic and I have no personal experience but I felt like Googling while my coffee brewed.
    From a Japanese parts website, it seems that the SE5340 was made 1983-1987.
    Someone in New Zealand was auctioning a manual covering that model, back in March 2012,
    but it did not sell and might still be available:
    Shibaura SE range Workshop Manual | Trade Me
    Hope this helps.

Tractor
    John Deere and New Holland/Ford Tractors

Just wish NH would bring back the Shibaura tractors in general or if there was a way to purchase new Shibaura tractors in the US. The Shibaura ST450 class 3 tractor (the NH Boomer 3000 series) actually has a turbo engine in it. Never understood why NH did not put the turbo on the Boomer 3000 series. I think it would have made their tractors more competitive against JD and kubota compacts. Also, the Shibaura ST460 class 4 tractor (the NH 4000 series) is just a nice brute tractor!

In addition, my dealer stated that he just received his last container/batch of T1520s and T1530s. He says that he can no longer order the T1500s. If this is true, then there goes the last of the very good Shibaura economy tractors that NH offered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -st450-jpg   -st450-specs-jpg   -st460-jpg   -st460-specs-jpg  
    John Deere and New Holland/Ford Tractors and stuff

Gold Member
    Tractor
    all new holland

not true on the T1500 series. we can still order them, i dont know what your dealer is talking about

Tractor

He stated that he got his last container T1500s in and stated that NH (or NH Rep) will not let him order anymore them. That is what he told me, so I am not sure if it is true for all NH dealers.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    all new holland

well that may be at his dealership. His NH rep may think one container which is 22 tractors i think, is enough for his dealership. but the T1500 series is still going.

Tractor
    LS Tractor, Model R4010

Quote Originally Posted by eagle107 View Post
    Just wish NH would bring back the Shibaura tractors in general or if there was a way to purchase new Shibaura tractors in the US. The Shibaura ST450 class 3 tractor (the NH Boomer 3000 series) actually has a turbo engine in it. Never understood why NH did not put the turbo on the Boomer 3000 series. I think it would have made their tractors more competitive against JD and kubota compacts. Also, the Shibaura ST460 class 4 tractor (the NH 4000 series) is just a nice brute tractor!

In addition, my dealer stated that he just received his last container/batch of T1520s and T1530s. He says that he can no longer order the T1500s. If this is true, then there goes the last of the very good Shibaura economy tractors that NH offered.
    It's amazing how people have a problem with a rebranded LS but they have no problem with a rebranded Shibaura.
    LS Tractor R4010, Loader, 6ft Shredder, Box blade, Sun Shade, Pat's Easy Hitch, PTO Wood Chipper

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrod View Post

It's amazing how people have a problem with a rebranded LS but they have no problem with a rebranded Shibaura.
    I think most people you refer to have confidence in Shibarua since they have been building Fords compacts since at least the early 80's. Shibarua has earned the reputation of a great tractor where as LS is still fairly new to most and as such doesn't have the same reputation yet.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_in_NY View Post
    I think most people you refer to have confidence in Shibarua since they have been building Fords compacts since at least the early 80's. Shibarua has earned the reputation of a great tractor where as LS is still fairly new to most and as such doesn't have the same reputation yet.
    Actually the first one was in 1971, the Ford 1000. I had the pleasure of being one of those to tear that first one apart, literally.
    The Opti-Mist

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Quote Originally Posted by Opti-Mist View Post

Actually the first one was in 1971, the Ford 1000. I had the pleasure of being one of those to tear that first one apart, literally.
    Even better, I thought they went back to the 70's but didn't have the time to verify so wrote what I was positive of. I still believe the 1920 was/is the best 30 horse compact tractor ever made. They take a lot of abuse and just keep going.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_in_NY View Post
    Even better, I thought they went back to the 70's but didn't have the time to verify so wrote what I was positive of. I still believe the 1920 was/is the best 30 horse compact tractor ever made. They take a lot of abuse and just keep going.
    Agreed! Also the 2120s are still beasts. My uncle's father in-law has one and it just keeps going.

While the LS tractors are not bad, they are also not as refine or proven; however, overtime that might change. What I do find interesting is that NH still is using Shibaura for the compact cab tractor line. I guess NH could not make a deal with LS to make a cab version tractor. I wonder how much it costs NH now with two manufactures making their compact tractor and to stock parts for both types of tractors. I would have thought it would be cheaper to consolidate under one manufacturer, but maybe I am wrong.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast