NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #41  
hi there my terance from sabah malaysia,i have buy an old shibaura tractor but im not sure what year it was made the only info i have on this tractor is 3 clynder,use diesel fuel and the level on the tractor say SE5340,is any one know about this model
Post is off-topic and I have no personal experience but I felt like Googling while my coffee brewed.
From a Japanese parts website, it seems that the SE5340 was made 1983-1987.
Someone in New Zealand was auctioning a manual covering that model, back in March 2012,
but it did not sell and might still be available:
Shibaura SE range Workshop Manual | Trade Me
Hope this helps.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #42  
Just wish NH would bring back the Shibaura tractors in general or if there was a way to purchase new Shibaura tractors in the US. The Shibaura ST450 class 3 tractor (the NH Boomer 3000 series) actually has a turbo engine in it. Never understood why NH did not put the turbo on the Boomer 3000 series. I think it would have made their tractors more competitive against JD and Kubota compacts. Also, the Shibaura ST460 class 4 tractor (the NH 4000 series) is just a nice brute tractor!

In addition, my dealer stated that he just received his last container/batch of T1520s and T1530s. He says that he can no longer order the T1500s. If this is true, then there goes the last of the very good Shibaura economy tractors that NH offered.

Attachments

• ST450.jpg
    ST450.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 1,401
  • ST450 Specs.jpg
    ST450 Specs.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 356
  • ST460.jpg
    ST460.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 549
  • ST460 Specs.jpg
    ST460 Specs.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 297
   / NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #43  
not true on the T1500 series. we can still order them, i dont know what your dealer is talking about

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #44  
He stated that he got his last container T1500s in and stated that NH (or NH Rep) will not let him order anymore them. That is what he told me, so I am not sure if it is true for all NH dealers.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #45  
well that may be at his dealership. His NH rep may think one container which is 22 tractors i think, is enough for his dealership. but the T1500 series is still going.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #46  
Just wish NH would bring back the Shibaura tractors in general or if there was a way to purchase new Shibaura tractors in the US. The Shibaura ST450 class 3 tractor (the NH Boomer 3000 series) actually has a turbo engine in it. Never understood why NH did not put the turbo on the Boomer 3000 series. I think it would have made their tractors more competitive against JD and Kubota compacts. Also, the Shibaura ST460 class 4 tractor (the NH 4000 series) is just a nice brute tractor!

In addition, my dealer stated that he just received his last container/batch of T1520s and T1530s. He says that he can no longer order the T1500s. If this is true, then there goes the last of the very good Shibaura economy tractors that NH offered.

It's amazing how people have a problem with a rebranded LS but they have no problem with a rebranded Shibaura.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #47  
It's amazing how people have a problem with a rebranded LS but they have no problem with a rebranded Shibaura.

I think most people you refer to have confidence in Shibarua since they have been building Fords compacts since at least the early 80's. Shibarua has earned the reputation of a great tractor where as LS is still fairly new to most and as such doesn't have the same reputation yet.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #48  
I think most people you refer to have confidence in Shibarua since they have been building Fords compacts since at least the early 80's. Shibarua has earned the reputation of a great tractor where as LS is still fairly new to most and as such doesn't have the same reputation yet.

Actually the first one was in 1971, the Ford 1000. I had the pleasure of being one of those to tear that first one apart, literally.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #49  
Actually the first one was in 1971, the Ford 1000. I had the pleasure of being one of those to tear that first one apart, literally.

Even better, I thought they went back to the 70's but didn't have the time to verify so wrote what I was positive of. I still believe the 1920 was/is the best 30 horse compact tractor ever made. They take a lot of abuse and just keep going.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #50  
Even better, I thought they went back to the 70's but didn't have the time to verify so wrote what I was positive of. I still believe the 1920 was/is the best 30 horse compact tractor ever made. They take a lot of abuse and just keep going.

Agreed! Also the 2120s are still beasts. My uncle's father in-law has one and it just keeps going.

While the LS tractors are not bad, they are also not as refine or proven; however, overtime that might change. What I do find interesting is that NH still is using Shibaura for the compact cab tractor line. I guess NH could not make a deal with LS to make a cab version tractor. I wonder how much it costs NH now with two manufactures making their compact tractor and to stock parts for both types of tractors. I would have thought it would be cheaper to consolidate under one manufacturer, but maybe I am wrong.