NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #1  

MessickFarmEqu

3040 3045 3050 Cab CVT are going back into production. Apparently with a 2nd gen CVT. Supersteer is available again. I wish we had the ROPS models back as well, but at least we have a few more quality compacts to sell.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #2  
yeah jsut got the note from NH the other day and they are gonan be made closer to home........cant wait......the CVT is suppose to be a lot more user friendly and easier.....

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #4  
Glad to hear they are bringing back the Shibaura's. I purchased a 2009 model, and I love it.

2 questions though, will the parts be interchangeable between the Gen1 and Gen2?

And what is meant by "more user friendly and easier.....". From my experience the transmission is about as easy to use, now, as it can get. Unless the new model drives itself, I cannot see how it could be any more user friendly.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors.
Does this mean the LG experiment is a failure?

I've heard some grumblings about LS not being willing to make engineering improvments to the tractor. Understandably, New Holland does not want to pay for changes that would roll into all the other LS derivitaves. Cabs was one of the sticking points, thus it was easier to just bring back the cab tractors.

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #6  
I've heard some grumblings about LS not being willing to make engineering improvments to the tractor. Understandably, New Holland does not want to pay for changes that would roll into all the other LS derivitaves. Cabs was one of the sticking points, thus it was easier to just bring back the cab tractors.

The local NH dealer here no longer carries the boomer line (LS now) and only carries the larger NH ag tractors, and has took on the Kioti line for all of the smaller tractors.

James K0UA

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #7  
3040 3045 3050 Cab CVT are going back into production. Apparently with a 2nd gen CVT. Supersteer is available again. I wish we had the ROPS models back as well, but at least we have a few more quality compacts to sell.

With the Generation 2 CVT with both the engine and transmission be electronically controlled? If so, that will be a darn good transmission. In addition, did you hear anymore about the Gen 2, such as a safety value so the tractor does not rolled down a hill or off a truck if the parking brake is not applied? Anymore info would be appreciated!

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #9  
I've barely made the change from Ford to New Holland, us old farmers are slow to change..... Who was making their compacts of late, if not Shibaura? What did I miss out on? In addition to my Ford tractors, got a NH 1720, think that's a Shibaura?

--->Paul

/ NH bringing back some Shibaura tractors. #10  
That's outstanding news. NH had the best CUT cab in the industry, it is good that they are going to offer them again. While I prefer the Shibaura CUT's to the LS ones, it's probably an easier justification to bring back the Shibaura cab models seeing as LS doesn't offer a cab. Maybe this will signal more production by Shibaura for NH again.