3930 Ford, May have to sell it.

/ 3930 Ford, May have to sell it. #1  

hank193

Tractor
Ford 3930 Allis Chalmers B
My 3930 is getting harder and harder for me to get on [ old legs with old injuries ] and a clutch ain't as much fun as it used to be. I've tried a couple of compact tractors with hydrostatics. Sure was easier.....I guess I have 2 questions. Whats mine worth [in ballpark terms] ? Bought new in 94 and was told it was the last 3930 with FORD on the hood?, non turbo,2wd, 8f8r syncro with shuttle, 1set remotes, bush hog 2446Qt FEL with hooks,independent pto,extendable lower links on 3pt [easy hookup] about 510 hours total , new 3rib front tires and tubes, R1s on rear [70% ?], metal canopy on ROPS [bought at dealer] Runs great and looks good. Will try to get some pictures this weekend.
2.Now I bushog about 6+ acres and cleanup under trees and along 2 creeks [driftwood,sand] and keep after some awful fast growing privets with the ratchet rake. Figure I want 30hp minimum ,4wd ,FEL with SSQC with hyds + rear remotes , Not sure about R1 or R4s yet.Will be looking at green,orange tractors mostly.......... Well fellows [ladies] ???

/ 3930 Ford, May have to sell it. #3  
You have a very good tractor there. The loader on a 2wd wouldn't be very attractive up here but I would love to have it to use in the hay fields. Pull the loader off and let her have fun putting along hooked to a rake or tedder.

I looked at buying a 3930 back when New Holland was switching over to the TN line but it was hard to find a 3930 like I wanted so I ended up with the TN. It is a great tractor as well but the 3930 sure did have that great, distinctive Ford look. I can't drive past any of the 3910/3930's without stopping to check on them. Always trying to find a great deal but almost all of them have 4-5k hours around here and have been run down by the farm laborers.

Price wise, without seeing it but going by your description I would be asking $8-$10k. Its low hours but 16 years old, 2wd with aftermarket loader. Then again, comparing it to an equal new tractor and you will be looking at around $20k so maybe ask $12k for it but be willing to consider any reasonable offer. I just bought a Farmall 45A 2wd which is a basic tractor set up similar to your 3930 without the loader and I paid $15k for that tractor. Cash price would have been $13k for a brand new 2wd tractor without loader. I don't know what a loader would cost for that tractor but anyone looking at low houred used tractors will be comparing them with comparable new tractors (that is how I ended up with my Farmall, looked at a used Kubota MX 4700 and the Farmall was only a few thousand more).

/ 3930 Ford, May have to sell it. #4  
I'm not sure where your located but if your in WNY I would be interested in looking at it. I don't like changing implements as often as I do so I try to have enough tractors so I can leave them hooked up till I am done with the job. Haying requires 4 tractors for that purpose :laughing: and the vineyard needs 2 and one loader tractor left on the home farm for utility use as needed. So I'm always looking :D

/ 3930 Ford, May have to sell it.
I appreciate hearing from any and all.
My location is way down South , near Tuscaloosa, Al. [ Theres a school here that plays pretty good college football.....]
Robert, thanks for your long distance help.

/ 3930 Ford, May have to sell it. #6  
My 3930 is getting harder and harder for me to get on [ old legs with old injuries ] and a clutch ain't as much fun as it used to be. I've tried a couple of compact tractors with hydrostatics. Sure was easier.....I guess I have 2 questions. Whats mine worth [in ballpark terms] ? Bought new in 94 and was told it was the last 3930 with FORD on the hood?, non turbo,2wd, 8f8r syncro with shuttle, 1set remotes, bush hog 2446Qt FEL with hooks,independent pto,extendable lower links on 3pt [easy hookup] about 510 hours total , new 3rib front tires and tubes, R1s on rear [70% ?], metal canopy on ROPS [bought at dealer] Runs great and looks good. Will try to get some pictures this weekend.
2.Now I bushog about 6+ acres and cleanup under trees and along 2 creeks [driftwood,sand] and keep after some awful fast growing privets with the ratchet rake. Figure I want 30hp minimum ,4wd ,FEL with SSQC with hyds + rear remotes , Not sure about R1 or R4s yet.Will be looking at green,orange tractors mostly.......... Well fellows [ladies] ???

if the tractor is in good mechanical and cosmetic shape it should be worth 12 to 14 k

/ 3930 Ford, May have to sell it. #7  
half that in florida.. :) I can be in alabama in about 8 hours.. :)

/ 3930 Ford, May have to sell it. #8  
half that in florida.. :) I can be in alabama in about 8 hours.. :)

i should one to a buddy i bought out the plants that he painted and put new tires on and it was wore slap out and he got 9k it did have a beat up loader and he didn't have it forsale for a day we sold a 4630 turbo last year at this time for 8k with no loader

/ 3930 Ford, May have to sell it. #9  
i almost bought a 4630 a while back.. was up at the local NH dealer. paint faded.. seat torn up.. air cleaner cover busted.. tires fair.. but ran great.. no smoke.. everything worked.. 4500$

I kick myself..:)

/ 3930 Ford, May have to sell it. #10  
i almost bought a 4630 a while back.. was up at the local NH dealer. paint faded.. seat torn up.. air cleaner cover busted.. tires fair.. but ran great.. no smoke.. everything worked.. 4500$

I kick myself..:)

yea that was probably a good deal