New Holland TC40D price check

/ New Holland TC40D price check #1  

JBob

Bronze Member
I have the opportunity to purchase a 2001 TC40D with only 73 hours on it. It has R4 tires. Tractor looks new. No FEL which is a bummer for me. I will need to add one. Any suggestions what this tractor may be worth?

/ New Holland TC40D price check #2  
Back in 2001 that tractor sold new for around $16k to $16.5k. I paid $18.5k for my TC45D in Feb 2001 and it was a "loader ready" tractor with the joystick, hydraulics, and sub-frame already installed. You have to consider that you are looking at a 10+ year-old tractor with no factory warranty and has had long periods of sitting idle as is evident by the hours. I'd offer $10k and would not budge above $12.5k for that tractor. You can easily get a Bush Hog or other brand of loader added for around $4.5k to $5k, but you probably won't be able to find a factory 16LA loader for that tractor unless somebody is salvaging a loader tractor, and you can buy it used.

/ New Holland TC40D price check
I spoke with a saleman at my local dealer. He told me the same thing, aroung $10,000. I don't think he will come down that far. Looks like a pass. Thanks for the input.

/ New Holland TC40D price check #4  
If it is Super Steer, I wonder if Bushhog et al make an extended loader. My TC40D has the Super Steer and associated 17LA loader. Wonder how prolific Super Steer tractors are?

Otherwise, I had a Bushhog loader installed on my old Kubota. It was not a big deal. It was not cheap though; loaders are expensive, factory or aftermarket...

/ New Holland TC40D price check #5  
Selling my 2001 New Holland TC35 D FEL. 650 hours, Mint condition, fully serviced and all fluids just changed. comes with bucket , PTO, 3pt. front remove Hydraulics. asking $15K OBO Look at my post with couple pics. Good luck Rich.