Question on NH TC35D with loader

/ Question on NH TC35D with loader #1  

LabLuvR

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5400
I'm looking at buying a used tractor. It is the 2002 NH TC35D. What does the D stand for? Also, the loader is a 16LA. Is the loader the biggest the tractor can handle? Thanks!

/ Question on NH TC35D with loader #2  
The D stands for Deluxe...you have some deluxe features...3 pt hitch is extendable to connect to implements..etc.

I have a 7308 loader on my NH....with a 68" bucket...don't know about the 16LA ...Is it 68" or greater since I have mine on a TC 29 which is 29 hp....so you could handle that size at least since you have more HP than me.

/ Question on NH TC35D with loader #3  
Essentially, the "D" means it has a hydrostatic transmission. and a few additional Deluxe features like a padded operator station. There is no other loader made by New Holland that fits the TC35D and I would not recommend using one with more lift.

/ Question on NH TC35D with loader
Thanks fellas!

/ Question on NH TC35D with loader #5  
LabLuvR, I don't want to sound like I'm saying the TC35D is a less-than-capable machine, but it is the bottom of the New Holland Class III compacts that includes the TC40D and TC45D models. The TC35D is a 3-cyl diesel instead of a 4-cyl diesel like the TC40/TC45. It also has lower main hydraulic pressure (2300 psi instead of 2500 psi). That means the loader and 3PH can't lift quite as much as the TC40/TC45. It's a small difference, but one that has to be considered. However, the HST transmissions and working pressures are the same in all three tractors, so technically, if the the TC35D can't pull something because the HST goes into bypass, the TC40D and TC45D will do no better. The TC40D/45D have added weight and added traction it provides, but the transmission bypass pressure is the same. I like to compare it to a grown man and a kid fishing with 8 lb test fishing line. It doesn't matter that the grown man is bigger, the fishing line is the limiting factor in how big a fish you can land.

There are additional subtle differences in the TC35D model that are different because of its lower power. The rear gear transmission (2-ranges) after the HST and the rear differential have some differences. Also the high pressure flange on the bottom of the main hydraulic pump is a 2-bolt flange on the TC35 instead of the 4-bolt flange on the TC40/45. I'm bringing this up because many people have thought that you could adjust the relief valve on the hydraulics for more lift. You can, but you are really taking a chance because the piping is not designed for the higher pressure. The TC35 is a great tractor, but you can't make it work completely like its bigger siblings.

/ Question on NH TC35D with loader
How does the Hydro stat compare to Shuttle shift in operational performance? I have a Shuttle now and am curious. Thanks guys!!