TC-33D ordered Today, Many thanks to all here.

/ TC-33D ordered Today, Many thanks to all here. #1  

Anonymous Poster

I'd like to give one HUGE thank You to everyone on TBN for sharing their wisdom, advice and experience, about selecting and purchasing a tractor. Everyone is great and the help was much appreciated. I've been lurking here for a long time and have read most every post in all the buying/pricing forums as well as most of the others. I looked/operated most every make of tractor in the last few weeks and narrowed it down to NH, Kubota and Long (Local Dealer) but in the end got the best deal on the TC33D Hyd, Bush Hog M246 FEL, besides sitting on it just felt like I belonged there /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. The dealer called back and said that it should be here Wednesday, I can't wait! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TC-33D ordered Today, Many thanks to all here. #2  
David:

I am also looking at the TC33D- have you seen the M246 on one? Does it affect visibility towards the front of the FEL?

Did you get the supersteer?

Congratulations on your purchase, and thanks for any comments you may have.

/ TC-33D ordered Today, Many thanks to all here. #3  
David--

Glad your lurking days are over--welcome!! My 33D just turned 200 hours, with no problems worth mentioning. I think you'll be very happy with your choice; there's not much I ask of it that it won't do without complaint. Did you get the tires filled? Front weights? Toothbar? Cupholder?

/ TC-33D ordered Today, Many thanks to all here. #4  
All you 33 guys tend to make us 29 guys a bit jealous. I guess when I think back I should have went to the 33. I actually was after the 25, but $400.00 got me the 29 but it was an additional 1,000 for the 33. I just had to draw the line.

murph

/ TC-33D ordered Today, Many thanks to all here.
David
I think that you will be very pleased with your choice. I've had my 33D w supersteer and FEL for 8 days and I have enjoyed every free minute with it. It mows like a charm and the FEL has been great for doing odd jobs around my farm. I can't wait to hook up the ole brush hog and see how it does on the back 40. Maybe this weekend.
Be safe and enjoy
Prairiegrass

<font color="blue">have you seen the M246 on one? Does it affect visibility towards the front of the FEL?</font>

One of the dealers I went to (not the one I bought from) had the M246 loader mounted on a 33D and another dealer had the 7308 mounted and there was very little diference in the visibility over the two. One note is that the M246 is 401 lbs heavier than the 7308, looks like most of it's in the mount.

I didn't get the SS option.

<font color="blue">- Did you get the tires filled? Front weights? Toothbar? Cupholder?</font>

I got the tires filled (That's an automatic at the dealer where I purchased it), Toothbar and Yes /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif a cupholder. But i didn't get the front weights. I'll see soon if I need them.

Front weights - I can get the front wheels of my TC18 spinning in the Florida sand pretty easy. But, I find that if I step on the differential lock, everything moves forward again. My rear tires (R4s) are loaded, but not as heavy as most from the North, as we only use straight water here. I thought about front weights the first couple of times I spun the front tires, but since have figured the diff lock works better, and the weights wouldn't add much.

/ TC-33D ordered Today, Many thanks to all here. #9  
David,

Congratulations on you new Boomer, you are going to love it. Have about 13 hours on mine now (weather is not cooperating here in Northern Virginia) and so far it's been great. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

Chuck

/ TC-33D ordered Today, Many thanks to all here. #10  
David--

The front weights come in handy when using a rear mower on slopes, especially a rotary which sticks out so far to the rear. The front end can get a little light, which of course is a lot less worse than other kinds of instability but still a little disconcerting and like Don said results in loss of front traction. That said, I really don't use 'em a lot and would be happy to trade them for your cupholder!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif One suggestion for your new tractor is get used to putting on and taking off the FEL--the system works great and it sure is easier to mow without the loader on.