Boomer 25 vs Boomer 30

/ Boomer 25 vs Boomer 30 #1  

meledward23

Gold Member
Tractor
1025R
So has anyone sat on both of these? I am wondering if the Boomer 25 operator platform is more cramped than the Boomer30 (with hydro).

/ Boomer 25 vs Boomer 30 #2  
The Boomer 25 is nothing more than a J2030H LS tractor and will be smaller than the Boomer 30. The Boomer 30 is like the R3039 LS tractor but the Boomer 30 has a smaller engine. All the new Boomer models (from the 30 to the 50) have cramped leg room; especially for taller people. The older Boomer (Shibaura Models) 2000 and 3000 series were a nice tractor with ample leg room. Honestly, have you looked at the Kubota or Kioti tractors? If not, you should. They are very good tractors with a good amount of leg room and decently priced.

LS Tractor J2030 Specs - LS Tractor USA
LS Tractor R3039 Specs - LS Tractor USA

Last edited:
   / Boomer 25 vs Boomer 30 #3  
What year were the older boomers built? What is Shibaura?
Thx

/ Boomer 25 vs Boomer 30 #4  
What year were the older boomers built? What is Shibaura?
Thx

The old Boomer class was built from 2001 to 2010. The tractors started out as the TC models in 2001 (the TZ subcompacts was around 2003 and the TC55 was around 2004); TC33D would be the same as a Boomer 2000 series tractor and the TC40 would be the same as the Boomer 3000 series tractor. Then in the beginning of 2008, New Holland changed the Model naming from TC and TZ to T, but they were the same tractors, such as the TZ18DA was now the T1030, the TC34DA was now a T2220, the TC40A was a T2310 and the TC55DA was now the T2410. Then by the end of 2008, New Holland changed the model naming again to the Boomer and from 2008 to 2010 Boomer 1000, 2000, 3000 and 4000 series were built. In 2011, New Holland introduced the Boomer 30 - 50 class tractors which are the new LS manufactured compact tractors and in 2012 introduced a pseudo subcompact LS tractor line which are the Boomer 20 and 25.

Shibaura is the Japanese diesel engine and tractor manufacturer that started building the compact tractors for Ford in the early 1970s (approximately around 1972 or 1973) and continued to build the subcompact and compact tractors for New Holland up to 2010. Then in 2011 New Holland went with the South Korean manufacturer called LS tractors for their compact tractors. This was most likely done because Fiat (CNH) had an alliance with Luck Gold Star (LG) Group back in 1977 and kept that alliance as Life Solutions (LS) Group spun off from LG in 2005. While the LS tractors are good, they are less refined compared to the Shibaura build tractor. Most owners who have owned the Shibaura compact tractors can see and feel the difference when running the new LS tractors; they just are not the same. Most likely New Holland went with LS compact tractors because they are cheaper to produce than the Shibaura tractors so New Holland could compete on cost against Kioti, Manhidra and other lower cost compact tractor manufacturers. However, LS does not offer a cab version compact tractor and the cost for New Holland to have LS tractor build one would be a lot (which is a whole another story). So it seems that New Holland contracted Shibaura again to make the cab model of the Boomer 3000 series compact tractors and hopefully will be out this fall or winter before the snow flies.

Last edited:
   / Boomer 25 vs Boomer 30
I know enough about my local Kubota dealer that I won't go near him. The Deere dealer is okay. My NH dealer is exceptional. Problem is NH has definitely dropped the ball.

Kioti isn't within 100 miles of me. (limit of their search engine)
Mahindra has a dealer that is a fair distance from me.

It is most unfortunate. I want blue but honestly that appears to be impossible with what they have done with the product line.

The Boomer 30 with gears is almost insufferable. The 30 with hydro isn't too bad. But still has lots of issues. The parking break irks me. The 4wd lever is awful. The High Low range selector prevents me from getting off. etc.

/ Boomer 25 vs Boomer 30 #6  
I know enough about my local Kubota dealer that I won't go near him. The Deere dealer is okay. My NH dealer is exceptional. Problem is NH has definitely dropped the ball.

Kioti isn't within 100 miles of me. (limit of their search engine)
Mahindra has a dealer that is a fair distance from me.

It is most unfortunate. I want blue but honestly that appears to be impossible with what they have done with the product line.

The Boomer 30 with gears is almost insufferable. The 30 with hydro isn't too bad. But still has lots of issues. The parking break irks me. The 4wd lever is awful. The High Low range selector prevents me from getting off. etc.

Another option you can try is to look at the Massey Ferguson 1500 or 1600 compact tractors if there is a Massey dealer close. Their compact tractors are manufactured by Iseki and are very good. When I looked at them, they felt somewhat like the Shibaura (good leg room/comfortable station) but with a few more nice options.