how well built are Workmaster 55

/ how well built are Workmaster 55 #1  

SETexan

Tractor
New Holland T4020, NH TC48DA, Ford NAA GJ
I am thinking of upgrading my tractor and have narrowed the search to few tractors. On the short list is the work master. How well built are these tractors? This will be by 3rd tractor, the first was 1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee, and the second and current is a 2005 New Holland TC48DA. I want MFWD and a FEL which is why i am thinking about trading. I wish NH still made my TC48!!! i would just get another one with MFWD, FEL and be done but, they don't.

Anybody that has a WM55 feel free to jump in and let me know how well it has performed and how you use it.

Pricing i have gotten is from one reputable dealer that i currently use to get filters and such my current tractor.

Used 2012 Workmaster 55 with FEL, MFWD and less than 200hrs $21.9k
New 2012 Workmaster 55 with FEL, MFWD $26.4k
New 2011 Workmaster 65 with FEL , MFWD $25.5k

Is the pricing about right???

/ how well built are Workmaster 55
I have tested three workmaster tractors and all three had a horrible whine in transmission. Is this normal?

/ how well built are Workmaster 55 #3  
I am thinking of upgrading my tractor and have narrowed the search to few tractors. On the short list is the work master. How well built are these tractors? This will be by 3rd tractor, the first was 1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee, and the second and current is a 2005 New Holland TC48DA. I want MFWD and a FEL which is why i am thinking about trading. I wish NH still made my TC48!!! i would just get another one with MFWD, FEL and be done but, they don't.

Anybody that has a WM55 feel free to jump in and let me know how well it has performed and how you use it.

Pricing i have gotten is from one reputable dealer that i currently use to get filters and such my current tractor.

Used 2012 Workmaster 55 with FEL, MFWD and less than 200hrs $21.9k
New 2012 Workmaster 55 with FEL, MFWD $26.4k
New 2011 Workmaster 65 with FEL , MFWD $25.5k

Is the pricing about right???

Shibaura made one heck of a utility tractor for New Holland with the TC48DA and TC55DA. They are great tractors! The same type of tractor as your TC48DA would be a Boomer 4055 or 4060; just with more HP. New Holland stopped selling the Boomer 4055 and 4060 around 2010, however, you can still find some on tractorhouse.com or see if your dealer can get you one. I am not a fan of the Workmasters. You might want to look at the new PowerStar 4.75 tractor. It is suppose to be a great tractor if it is not too big for you. You can always look at the John Deere 5000 series (the 5Ms are very nice), Mahindra 5035 or 5530 4WD Shuttle, a Kubota M5140 or the Massey Ferguson 2600 Series Utility tractor.

/ how well built are Workmaster 55
The three i am looking at are the Kubota M5140, JD 5055e and the workmaster. The kubota is the highest priced with the workmaster priced the lowest by a large margin.

The kubota has the most features but, also has a EGR which i don't want.

If the workmaster transmission didn't whine it would be in the lead but, right now the JD is leading.

I started three threads one in general, one in the john deere section and this one all asking about the same thing. I guess nobody has anything to say about the workmasters which should probably tell me something.

The most disappointing part of all of this is the new holland dealer is by far superior to the other two dealers in my area.

/ how well built are Workmaster 55 #5  
Is the Workmaster a LS tractor?

/ how well built are Workmaster 55 #6  
No. The LS tractors are the newer Boomer 20 - 50 compact tractor line for New Holland. The Workmasters are the newer economy line of utility tractors for New Holland.

/ how well built are Workmaster 55 #7  
With 200 hours on my WM55, I am completely happy with the tractor. Great hydraulics, great FEL, 4WD. Yes, there's some whine in the transmission, but I see no evidence of damage. More likely straight cut gears in the box (which many feel are stronger teeth than spiral cut teeth).

It is a lot of tractor for the money.

/ how well built are Workmaster 55 #8  
I have the same thing as the wm55 just the red version the farmall 55 A and i love it! Dose every thing i ask of it no complaints! Get it you wont regret it!

ForumRunner_20120814_203846.png

ForumRunner_20120814_203846.png

ForumRunner_20120814_203913.png

/ how well built are Workmaster 55 #9  
The three i am looking at are the Kubota M5140, JD 5055e and the workmaster. The kubota is the highest priced with the workmaster priced the lowest by a large margin. . . .
Just realize that the Workmaster is an economy tractor. (so is the JD 5055e) It does not have the same features, driveline, etc., as the T4020 or T4030. For instance, the WM has a gear reduction final drive and smaller lift arms. It does not have the same 3ph capacity as the T series. The transmission is different, the clutch is different, the T series has better hydraulics, the T4020 weighs over a ton more than the WM, etc, etc, etc.
If you really want a NH, I would suggest that you look hard at the T series.
Here's the NH specs for both tractors. Look for yourself. Then compare them side-by-side at the dealer.
Agricultural-Tractors New Holland Workmaster - Models, technical data and characteristics
Agricultural-Tractors New Holland T4000 - Models, technical data and characteristics
BTW, I have a TN70A. (basically, same tractor as the T4030) And, it's a great machine. Love it. I put about 200 hours per year on it. I wouldn't even consider a WM, myself.

/ how well built are Workmaster 55 #10  
Its over half the price for a tractor that is very capable!