T5070 Operating costs

/ T5070 Operating costs #1  

ezslim

Tractor
FarmPro 2430, New Holland T5070
Hi Gang,

I'm about to trade my blue mini workhorse for a new T5070. Does anyone know if the NH 2012 emissions require the use of diesel exhaust fluid (DEF)? Also, does anyone have any recent lessons-learned about the 5070? Good tractor?

Thanks,
Slim

/ T5070 Operating costs #2  
A friend of mine had a T5060 for a couple years (close to 2,000 hours IIRC) until he traded up to a bigger tractor. From what I can tell it's basically the same tractor with a few less ponies. I mowed and baled hay with it several times. The A/C actually was so cold if you turned it up all the way the lines would freeze. I thought it was a great tractor. The only thing I had any trouble with the was that my right leg would rub the gear shift. This was only a minor issue though. I'm 6' 1" and might not be any issue for some one a bit shorter.

/ T5070 Operating costs #3  
Just bought my T5070, so not a lot of hours on it yet... I will say, it seems to be very well put together and solid where it counts. Mine is tier 3 and no DEF. Pretty sure all of the 5070s out there will be the same. There are a few NH experts on here(RickB, jdbnh, etc.) that can answer for sure. Like I said, I haven't really worked it yet, but so far I really like it.

Attachments

• image-256057178.jpg
    image-256057178.jpg
    528.3 KB · Views: 3,135
   / T5070 Operating costs
Thanks for the posts.

I didn't know what "Tier III" on my invoice meant, so it seems I won't have to refill DEF just to mow. (whew)

I'm glad to hear you are happy with the purchase and consider it a solid tractor. That's what I really need, since my acreage is hilly and rough. The little TN75DA worked its fanny off, but I was afraid I was pushing it too hard with the big batwing and even the 8 ft bush-hog at times. The batwing (Woods BW1800) would also side-slip the tractor on steeper hills. Sounds like the new beast should be able to haul it around no problem. My only concern is that the new tractor will be like every barn or storage building I've put up - no matter how big they are, they are eventually too small!

Anything you would change? Options you'd buy or not buy next time?

/ T5070 Operating costs #5  
Actually, it has everything I need... I did opt for the air ride seat and really like that, but suspect I would've gotten by with the standard seat just fine. Time will tell when I really put the spurs to it, but I think it's gonna be a great machine.

/ T5070 Operating costs #6  
The Tier III NEF engine has an extra exhaust cam lobe that opens the exhaust valve during the intake stroke for some degree of EGR.
I have a new TS6020, which is pretty close to your T5070 in engine power rating. Only 63 hours on it so far, but no complaints at all - nice engine. Great power, but it seems to use more fuel than my 7710.

/ T5070 Operating costs #7  
the Tier 4 will be out sometime next year early or by spring time for sure if not earlier. If i am not mistaken, the T5000 series will not use DEF but the particulate filter system. Dont hold me to that i cant remember what they decided on for that series. But as far as the T5000 series, great tractors. The mechanics in the shop will tell you they are a simple, well built and put together tractor. We sell a lot of the T5060 and T5070, mostly to small hay guys and as just a all around tractor. No issue with them....hope you enjoy it.....

/ T5070 Operating costs
Just dropped the cash...

Thanks to all for their input. Will let you know as soon as its delivered!

Slim

/ T5070 Operating costs #9  
ezslim said:
Just dropped the cash...

Thanks to all for their input. Will let you know as soon as its delivered!

Slim

Keep us posted... The more I use mine, the more I like it!