Buying Advice Ford 550 loader backhoe questions

/ Ford 550 loader backhoe questions #13  
I went with what seems to be a reliable company.... Messick's. Everyone seems to speak well of them so might as well support a good company!
Paid a about $20 more but.... F*** it.

/ Ford 550 loader backhoe questions
I did not rebuild any pistons on the 550. I did on a 4500 my brother owns. Getting them apart can be tough. I found a hydro shop that only charged me $80 each to reseal the main bucket cyls.

/ Ford 550 loader backhoe questions #15  
I went with what seems to be a reliable company.... Messick's. Everyone seems to speak well of them so might as well support a good company!
Paid a about $20 more but.... F*** it.

Jan. Web Site Numbers

There is a good reason why our web site is getting over 14K visitors a month with over 60K page views. There is large number of satisfied customers, businesses, and municipalities that gave our company the opportunity to serve their needs.

Maybe some other day, or order we can gain your trust.

/ Ford 550 loader backhoe questions #16  
WOW! Sorry for striking a nerve but I can appreciate where you coming from. However 14k in page views hardly reflects anything with regard to your company's sales or business ethic. What I can say is because of this post I WILL order something from you guys in the future, but I am glad I ordered from Messick's because I paid for regular ground shipping and it is arriving today (next day) because they are so close.

/ Ford 550 loader backhoe questions #17  
Clay.... I am a very good mechanic. However, I feel it my be better for me to find a hydro shop as well cuz I know it's a PIA and a very messy job to rebuild the cylinders.

/ Ford 550 loader backhoe questions #18  
Clay when you did the rebuild on the cylinders how bad was it.... I looked at videos on you tube and it doesn't look that bad at all. Looking at diagrams online they sell rebuild packs for each cylinder, but I am thinking I only need the outter seal where the fluid is leaking from.... and not rebuild the whole thing.... Trying to save a few buck here..... and I never did this job before.

/ Ford 550 loader backhoe questions #19  
OK so I got the UTF and the block Oild down..... How about over all tune up... Again I do mechanical work but never on a diesel so not sure what needs to go where on this machine.... Obviously air and oil filters but what do I need to know that I am missing???

/ Ford 550 loader backhoe questions #20  
OK so I got the UTF and the block Oild down..... How about over all tune up... Again I do mechanical work but never on a diesel so not sure what needs to go where on this machine.... Obviously air and oil filters but what do I need to know that I am missing???

Why not just buy an operator's manual and be done with it?
Choose Items