Farmall 40CVT vs New Holland Boomer 40 CVT?

/ Farmall 40CVT vs New Holland Boomer 40 CVT? #1  

DirtMerchant

Tractor
2012 L4240C
Hello everyone, only my second post but have been lurking here for a couple months learning from your posts.

I am getting ready to purchase my first tractor, and since I am a Chrysler Employee I can purchase Case IH products at dealer net, so I am looking hard at Farmall and New Holland. I have been in contact with both the local Farmall dealer and the New Holland dealer.

I did get a quote on a New Holland Boomer 40 with FEL & Backhoe, but there was no option to get a cab which is a must for me for winter snow removal but the quote was quite attractive.

Then I started seeing some information about new CVT tractors with Cabs coming, checked with the dealers and they knew little and could not get pricing, Case even has brochures and pictures on their website but the dealer cannot get pricing, so I started poking around CNH with emails and finally got a response today. The new tractors are on the ground in the US, but won't be released for 2 more weeks. Pricing will be available 09/24/12, this came from the Director of Sales at CNH.

So I followed up with a call to my NH dealer and asked him about a press release from Aug 28 for a new CVT Boomer with a "Super Suite" Cab, he checked into it and those tractors are being released / pricing released in two weeks, coincidence?

I don't think so, but now I am wondering, is it the same tractor from Shibaura just one is red and the other is blue?

Chances are I am going to have to order one based on specs and sight unseen, as I need to take delivery before the end of October, and this makes me nervous after reading some of the stories of the LS New Hollands...worse yet is that this will be my first tractor and I don't want to screw up and get the wrong options.

/ Farmall 40CVT vs New Holland Boomer 40 CVT? #2  
Opinion: You shouldn't beleive everything you read about the LS New Hollands. I looked at the release you were referencing from the 28th, are you sure that is a shibaura make unit?

/ Farmall 40CVT vs New Holland Boomer 40 CVT?
Opinion: You shouldn't beleive everything you read about the LS New Hollands. I looked at the release you were referencing from the 28th, are you sure that is a shibaura make unit?

No I don't, there is considerably less information on the New Holland CVT with a cab than there is for the Farmall, and if you use the tractor comparison tool at CNH Farmall, the Farmall 40CVT with cab does call out a Shibaura engine. The only information I have on the Boomer Series II CVT with Super Suite Cab is that press release and my short conversation with the dealer and he did not know for sure who is making the New Holland version.

I am kind of making a reach and assuming since the Farmall is a Shibuara and the parent company Case IH owns both Farmall and New Holland it stands to reason that the New Holland will be a Shibaura as well, however I might be completely wrong in this.

Hoping somebody here will have more information than me :)

/ Farmall 40CVT vs New Holland Boomer 40 CVT? #4  
Don't take me wrong I don't know myself, I was just looking at the picture in the New Holland press release and it still looked like the LS style hood and headlights, and I assumed that the Farmall was the same.
After you mentioned the farmall CVT information in your last post I looked at the that site and the CVT with a cab picture looks totally different, which is totally odd that they would be different. I didn't find the information on the engine like you did but I didn't spend that much time looking. This is interesting, can't wait to see other responses.

/ Farmall 40CVT vs New Holland Boomer 40 CVT? #5  
I was at my dealer today, and was told ONLY the Case cab tractors will be made by Shibuara. The new CVT unit is made in Mexico. IMO the CVT is awsome. I have almost 400 hrs on mine and works great.The only problem to date is a new CVT control module covered by warranty.

/ Farmall 40CVT vs New Holland Boomer 40 CVT? #8  
It seems clear to me that New Holland has closed the Boomer assy. plant in Georgia and re-opened an assembly plant in Mexico. With the improved CVT and a more favorable labor market, the cabbed Boomers should be competitively priced while maintaining a healthy profit. The upshot is a US factory has closed and been replaced with one in Mexico. I believe some key positions/persons from the Georgia plant have been rehired to oversee production in Mexico, but most people became unemployed.:(

/ Farmall 40CVT vs New Holland Boomer 40 CVT?
It seems clear to me that New Holland has closed the Boomer assy. plant in Georgia and re-opened an assembly plant in Mexico. With the improved CVT and a more favorable labor market, the cabbed Boomers should be competitively priced while maintaining a healthy profit. The upshot is a US factory has closed and been replaced with one in Mexico. I believe some key positions/persons from the Georgia plant have been rehired to oversee production in Mexico, but most people became unemployed.:(

Well it is sad that they would shutter a US plant to remain competitive, makes me think twice about ordering one from them.

/ Farmall 40CVT vs New Holland Boomer 40 CVT? #10  
Well it is sad that they would shutter a US plant to remain competitive, makes me think twice about ordering one from them.

Lesser of 2 evils. Close 1 to remain competitive or not be competitive and close all and the dealers. These are not USA exclusive companies any more. We are in a global economy now and like it or not our economy, labor prices, and taxes cost more than other countries. The first thing I learned getting my BS in business is the number #1 rule of a for profit company is maximize shareholder wealth. If management forgets that rule, they don't last very long.

If you look at most things you buy they may be assembled in the USA. Components are made in another country and shipped in. While I can appreciate your feelings about a company that moves an operation out of the USA, I know this happens daily with other companies that don't make the news. Short of ag products such as milk, beef and such, most manufacturing companies have offshore operations. It is difficult to find pure USA manufactured goods made on American machines any more. Is there a rotary cutter made today that does not have a Chinese gearbox?