Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

Default Re: My New toy.

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    JC, I completely understand your attachment to the Ford and wanting to keep it. I kept my Ford NAA when I got my NHTC45D. I used it on-n-off until it broke and then STILL couldn't part with it. It sits out by my barn, waiting for the day I get my shop built. Then, I'll either fix it or part it out.

Sometimes it's a benefit to have two tractors. When my neighbor was using a post-hole auger in hard dry soil, the auger wouldn't bite and he was pouring in water and waiting for the clay to soften. I drove up with my new tractor and used the FEL to put gentle down-pressure on the auger boom. It immediately started digging so well that his Ford 600 almost stalled. In a period of 15 minutes, we drilled all the holes he had been struggling with for a day and a half.
    Yes Jim,

It is all about using the right tool for the right task and efficiency of motion. Just imagine using a 36" pipe wrench to take off a 10 mm nut. You might be able to do it but it is certainly not the right tool. I went deer hunting for a couple of hrs this morning, saw nothing and went to the barn and started fiddling and checking things out with the new tractor. I'm not going to be able to go in tight areas as easy with it without whacking something. With that little Ford I can get in to tight areas better. MX4700+ the loader and HD bucket is about 5300 lbs and that might be too much for garden areas. My tiller is 5 foot wide that matches perfectly with the ford. Other than hauling the manure to the garden site the rest of the stuff can really be done a bit easier and more tidy with the Ford. My Ford is really in perfect shape mechanically and is so economical to use. By the way I'm a pack rat, cain't help it.

Thanks,
    JC,

My little ford has more talents yet. I'm don't have as much storage room as I need so here is my Ford again to rescue

Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

Tractor
    in-between tractors

congrats JC ... Love the photos

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by mostly_gas View Post
    congrats JC ... Love the photos
    Thanks a lot. So far It is everything that I anticipated as I have researched this for quite a long time. It certainly was a hoot to see how they put it together with me giving them a hand, and boy did I take many pictures.

JC,

Ps. I have gone thru the whole work shop manual for this rig and I really like what I have seen so far.
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

Quote Originally Posted by JC-jetro View Post
    Yes Jim,

It is all about using the right tool for the right task and efficiency of motion. Just imagine using a 36" pipe wrench to take off a 10 mm nut. You might be able to do it but it is certainly not the right tool. I went deer hunting for a couple of hrs this morning, saw nothing and went to the barn and started fiddling and checking things out with the new tractor. I'm not going to be able to go in tight areas as easy with it without whacking something. With that little Ford I can get in to tight areas better. MX4700+ the loader and HD bucket is about 5300 lbs and that might be too much for garden areas. My tiller is 5 foot wide that matches perfectly with the ford. Other than hauling the manure to the garden site the rest of the stuff can really be done a bit easier and more tidy with the Ford. My Ford is really in perfect shape mechanically and is so economical to use. By the way I'm a pack rat, cain't help it.

Thanks,
    JC,

My little ford has more talents yet. I'm don't have as much storage room as I need so here is my Ford again to rescue

What is the other ford there in the barn the orange one never saw an ornage ford!
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH

Tractor

I understand some Ford Industrial Tractor came in yellow. That particular one was bought by my neighbor from Kansas Dept of transportation (Highway Dept??) and it was orange. It might have been special order or they painted as such for more visibility as it mowed some right of way. It has filled tires and it is a beast. The paint appears to be original and my neighbor did not know more about it than me.

JC,

Quote Originally Posted by Guesseral View Post
    What is the other ford there in the barn the orange one never saw an ornage ford!
    Ford 1700, 2wd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12