My New toy.

/ My New toy. #1  

JC-jetro

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700
I thought perhaps it is more appropriate to post our new orange purchase in blue forum. My wife finally broke down and bought me a shiny new tractor with all the fixins I need. This gift is meant to cover for all the anniversary presents I never got and all that I never will get in future. I thought that was a fair deal:D:D

She did most of the haggling and I ended up buying a Kubota MX-4700DT, manual gear with LA884 loader with SkidSteer quick attach, R4 tires and HD bucket. I was there in the operating room:D when they put it together. it was a great experience. Below some pics of the beast.

DSC04213.jpg

DSC04636.jpg

DSC04642.jpg

DSC04644.jpg

DSC04668.jpg

I know I'm comparing apples and oranges here but my good old Ford is not going anywhere and staying put .

DSC04658.jpg

JC,

Last edited:
   / My New toy. #3  
Glad you're keeping the Ford. All that shiny orange dazzles the eyes. Many congratulations JC!
Jim

/ My New toy.
Thanks Jim,

That little Ford has done so much for me and will continue to do so. I'm fairly confident but hope the Kubota is as good as my old Ford. I probably would continue to depend on my Ford for most tasks short of FEL work and some heavier stuff. For garden work it would be better option. I think a tractor without loader to improve vision is much preferable for many tasks specially in crowded area.

JC,

Glad you're keeping the Ford. All that shiny orange dazzles the eyes. Many congratulations JC!
Jim

/ My New toy. #5  
Congrats JC. After you have had a tractor with a loader for a while you will wonder how you ever got any thing done with out one. I would build or buy a set of forks for it. I have my forks on more than the bucket. Now that you have an orange tractor you will have to raed all of 4shorts mods to pimp out your new toy.
Bill

/ My New toy.
Congrats JC. After you have had a tractor with a loader for a while you will wonder how you ever got any thing done with out one. I would build or buy a set of forks for it. I have my forks on more than the bucket. Now that you have an orange tractor you will have to raed all of 4shorts mods to pimp out your new toy.
Bill

Thanks Bill. Late better than never I suppose. I have enough material and was thinking some sort of quick attach adapter plate to accept different things, may be a 3 point adapter plate for front for things like landscaping rake. A pallet fork is on my list but hoped it had option for a spear to remove and put on as needed. The Q/A that I have is skidsteer type so I might be able to find some here and there. I hope I have the same luck with this as I had with my Ford.

JC,

/ My New toy. #9  
JC-jetro said:
I thought perhaps it is more appropriate to post our new orange purchase in blue forum. My wife finally broke down and bought me a shiny new tractor with all the fixins I need. This gift is meant to cover for all the anniversary presents I never got and all that I never will get in future. I thought that was a fair deal:D:D

She did most of the haggling and I ended up buying a Kubota MX-4700DT, manual gear with LA884 loader with SkidSteer quick attach, R4 tires and HD bucket. I was there in the operating room:D when they put it together. it was a great experience. Below some pics of the beast.

I know I'm comparing apples and oranges here but my good old Ford is not going anywhere and staying put .

JC,

Wow, big jump from the little Ford, well it looks little next to that monster. Enjoy it!

/ My New toy. #10  
JC, I completely understand your attachment to the Ford and wanting to keep it. I kept my Ford NAA when I got my NHTC45D. I used it on-n-off until it broke and then STILL couldn't part with it. It sits out by my barn, waiting for the day I get my shop built. Then, I'll either fix it or part it out.

Sometimes it's a benefit to have two tractors. When my neighbor was using a post-hole auger in hard dry soil, the auger wouldn't bite and he was pouring in water and waiting for the clay to soften. I drove up with my new tractor and used the FEL to put gentle down-pressure on the auger boom. It immediately started digging so well that his Ford 600 almost stalled. In a period of 15 minutes, we drilled all the holes he had been struggling with for a day and a half.