Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

Default My New toy.

I thought perhaps it is more appropriate to post our new orange purchase in blue forum. My wife finally broke down and bought me a shiny new tractor with all the fixins I need. This gift is meant to cover for all the anniversary presents I never got and all that I never will get in future. I thought that was a fair deal

She did most of the haggling and I ended up buying a kubota MX-4700DT, manual gear with LA884 loader with SkidSteer quick attach, R4 tires and HD bucket. I was there in the operating room when they put it together. it was a great experience. Below some pics of the beast.

I know I'm comparing apples and oranges here but my good old Ford is not going anywhere and staying put .

JC,
    Last edited by JC-jetro; 10-11-2012 at 12:12 AM.
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Default Re: My New toy.

Congratulations.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    1993 NH 2120 (the best), 1974 MF 135 (sold, but solid), 1947 Farmall A (bought, sold, bought back, sold again), 1956 MH50 lbt (sold, in 1980, darn it)

Glad you're keeping the Ford. All that shiny orange dazzles the eyes. Many congratulations JC!
    Jim
    "Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly" Mae West

Tractor

Thanks Jim,

That little Ford has done so much for me and will continue to do so. I'm fairly confident but hope the kubota is as good as my old Ford. I probably would continue to depend on my Ford for most tasks short of FEL work and some heavier stuff. For garden work it would be better option. I think a tractor without loader to improve vision is much preferable for many tasks specially in crowded area.

JC,

Quote Originally Posted by jimmysisson View Post
    Glad you're keeping the Ford. All that shiny orange dazzles the eyes. Many congratulations JC!
    Jim
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

Tractor
    Ford 1900 FWD Kubota F2100E

Congrats JC. After you have had a tractor with a loader for a while you will wonder how you ever got any thing done with out one. I would build or buy a set of forks for it. I have my forks on more than the bucket. Now that you have an orange tractor you will have to raed all of 4shorts mods to pimp out your new toy.
    Bill

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked_on_HP View Post
    Congrats JC. After you have had a tractor with a loader for a while you will wonder how you ever got any thing done with out one. I would build or buy a set of forks for it. I have my forks on more than the bucket. Now that you have an orange tractor you will have to raed all of 4shorts mods to pimp out your new toy.
    Bill

Thanks Bill. Late better than never I suppose. I have enough material and was thinking some sort of quick attach adapter plate to accept different things, may be a 3 point adapter plate for front for things like landscaping rake. A pallet fork is on my list but hoped it had option for a spear to remove and put on as needed. The Q/A that I have is skidsteer type so I might be able to find some here and there. I hope I have the same luck with this as I had with my Ford.

JC,
    Ford 1700, 2wd.

Tractor
    New Holland T5070

Man, that sure is sweet. Have fun!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -
    Benjamin Franklin

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
    -Winston Churchill

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by ljohnson778 View Post
    Man, that sure is sweet. Have fun!
    Thank you.
    Ford 1700, 2wd.

Tractor
    Kubota B26, John deere X595

Quote Originally Posted by JC-jetro
    I thought perhaps it is more appropriate to post our new orange purchase in blue forum. My wife finally broke down and bought me a shiny new tractor with all the fixins I need. This gift is meant to cover for all the anniversary presents I never got and all that I never will get in future. I thought that was a fair deal

She did most of the haggling and I ended up buying a kubota MX-4700DT, manual gear with LA884 loader with SkidSteer quick attach, R4 tires and HD bucket. I was there in the operating room when they put it together. it was a great experience. Below some pics of the beast.

I know I'm comparing apples and oranges here but my good old Ford is not going anywhere and staying put .

JC,
    Wow, big jump from the little Ford, well it looks little next to that monster. Enjoy it!
    2010 Kubota B26 TLB w/hyd thumb. 2004 John Deere X595 w/62" MMM.

Carl Bertuzzi

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

JC, I completely understand your attachment to the Ford and wanting to keep it. I kept my Ford NAA when I got my NHTC45D. I used it on-n-off until it broke and then STILL couldn't part with it. It sits out by my barn, waiting for the day I get my shop built. Then, I'll either fix it or part it out.

Sometimes it's a benefit to have two tractors. When my neighbor was using a post-hole auger in hard dry soil, the auger wouldn't bite and he was pouring in water and waiting for the clay to soften. I drove up with my new tractor and used the FEL to put gentle down-pressure on the auger boom. It immediately started digging so well that his Ford 600 almost stalled. In a period of 15 minutes, we drilled all the holes he had been struggling with for a day and a half.
    Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast