Price Check Ford 3000 $?

/ Ford 3000 $?
I will update as soon as I am updated haha. Next week may be the earliest I have time to check it out. Will add pictures if I can when I get them.
I'm a little murky on checking the oil on the cam box on the injector pump but I will familiarize myself with that. Also the dual clutch option. I do not know much about these because I have not owned one, but that's nothing I can't get over with a manual, lots of staring, and a cold beer.

/ Ford 3000 $? #12  
the ip will have chek level plug onit.

the trans/pto

first see if it is a twin or single stick.

if single.. shes a non live 4.

if twin.. 6 or 8

both could be live.

read model id on bellhousing and post it...

/ Ford 3000 $?
Live would be nice but that's just a luxury to me. I do hope it's a six or 8 the additional gears would be nice. I'm mainly after the additional traction and hp. This tractor will be left at the family's vacation home for primarily big hill mowing. It is a remote area which is the main reason I am looking for a rough looking tractor. I don't want anyone taking a liking to it before I have a barn there.

/ Ford 3000 $? #14  
even if a 4 spd.. she'll mow just fine...

/ Ford 3000 $? #15  
Duals? Odd. Is it a low profile? If so, you can probably get it for a song as few folks will want it though it would make a great mowing tractor for steep areas.

Aside from the obvious, the value will depend mostly upon the transmission. As Soundguy says, the 4X2 transmission is most desired by most folks. Pass if it is the basic 4 speed, as these are geared much too fast and cannot have live PTO. If a S-O-S, you can also probably get it for a song as many folks are afraid of these, though the late models S-O-S as used on post 64 tractors such as this is just about bullet proof so long as it has had even infrequent oil/filter changes.

Contractor? Look for evidence of FEL use. The 3000 front axle is not designed for heavy FEL use.

More info with picture.

SDT

/ Ford 3000 $? #16  
i've seen duals on gold course mowers.. Low profile too..

/ Ford 3000 $?
Checked it out again and it has live PTO,8 spd, power steering. 497 hrs shown.

Attachments

• image-3399978234.jpg
    image-3399978234.jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 235
  • image-3920614126.jpg
    image-3920614126.jpg
    700.9 KB · Views: 211
  • image-3711240552.jpg
    image-3711240552.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 223
  • image-1249848827.jpg
    image-1249848827.jpg
    671.7 KB · Views: 204
   / Ford 3000 $? #18  
looks like a nice project

/ Ford 3000 $?
Sounds pathetic but I felt like I was driving a Steiger! Fun little tractor. It took a while to start dead battery. But once she got to cranking it started right up smoke cleared up after couple min and really just smoked on throttle crams. Now if only I knew what to offer I'm in love with that thing but I better not let it show.

/ Ford 3000 $? #20  
if it smokes a lil on throttle, it MIGHT clear up after rings are good and moving.. however.. I bet it's a lil loose in the top end.

no real biggie..

and if it's black smoke.. that's normal on a NA diesel..