Price Check Ford 3000 $?

/ Ford 3000 $? #1  

Loadstar

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 640
Went out and picked up some concrete culvert pipe the other day. It was at a large local industrial contractors yard that my father in law works at. I wandered around a bit and found a small ford tractor with duals. I asked him if they would sell it because you could tell it wasn't worked and there were much newer tractors around. Couple weeks later he told me they were interested in selling it.
I believe it is a ford 300 diesel. They take decent care of equipment mechanically. Sheet metal is beat up pretty good but I don't care. I am hunting for a hill mower/woods mower. I usually use tractor house as a bluebook ballpark but they are scattered. Wondering what others thought on an offer?

/ Ford 3000 $? #2  
Hour meter?

i don't have a clue what to tell you, but the hours would help. Wonder if you could demo it for a day? Just to make sure everythings working right.

/ Ford 3000 $?
I think the hour meter read 550ish. Not sure if it works. I'm glad I'm not the only one in the fog about an offer haha. Just stinks because it's the size I need, beat up which is what I desire, and it has duals. I never looked it over real hard because I did not really expect them to show interest in selling. I am going to return to really go over it. Just not familiar with this machine and thought I would go fishing for some thoughts.

/ Ford 3000 $? #4  
there are quite a few ford 3000 owners on here. If you don't get much of a response in the next day or two, post under the Buying/Pricing category. Big bold letters FORD 3000?

Should get some good ideas where to look for potential problems. but I think that is a nice overall tractor.

/ Ford 3000 $?
10-4. I hope to get more info soon and like you said maybe talk in a demo. I might not get to take it home but the yard there is huge with implements around and plenty of obstacle course.

/ Ford 3000 $? #6  
Does it have power steering?hard to price it without looking it over but with the sheet metal beat up around my area $1500-$3500 tops if it's mech.sound with usable tires.my 3000 is one of the better tractors that I have owned. Hope this helps,good luck.

/ Ford 3000 $? #7  
Tires can get expensive, brakes? how well do the heel brakes work, and how easy/hard is it to fix them. That type of stuff jumps out at me when I look at older stuff.

/ Ford 3000 $?
Good stuff, I'm making a list of things to check. Most interested in pulling oil plugs. Good idea about brakes. Also tires have been on my mind too as I said I didn't look too hard.

/ Ford 3000 $? #9  
what trans and pto type? 8spd with a dual clutch is prefered. 6spd with dual is more rare, 6spd single is more common.. and 4spd single is most common/basic.. usually you see the latter on 2000's not 3000's

check cam box on IP.. if low on oil, or mostly fuel comes out.. it hasn't been well servi ed.

check oil for water.. water for oil.

check trans sump and rear/hyd sump for water emulsion.

check pto shaft to see if it has in / out movement.

steering? manual or ps.. any play?

tires?

start ok cold?

dash indicators for charge and oil pres work.. key on = red lamps.. after start oil lamp goes out and hopefully genny lamp too.

leaks?

3pt work?

post back

good running 3 cyls in that size range go from 2500-4500$ depending upon options and condition.

Last edited:
   / Ford 3000 $? #10  
Soundguy really knows how to kill a thread:laughing: How can anybody add anything to what he just said:thumbsup:

Post us some pics when you go take a look at it agian.