Price Check Boomer 30 shuttle shift price check

/ Boomer 30 shuttle shift price check #1  

beardley

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH Boomer 30
In the past couple weeks I've hit a few of the local dealers, and I think I am zeroing in on the Boomer 30. I took a look at a local LS dealer, they have an r3039, but they're asking a LOT and I couldn't seem to get them to come down, and just generally not impressed with the place. So I wanted some opinions on the price quote I got, because being new at this tractor buying, it's hard to know if I'm getting a good deal or not.

Boomer 30 shuttle 15,500
Loader / SSQA 4,200
loaded tires 450
NH current discount -2,000
NH family&friend -500
----------------------------------

The reason I'm checking is I've seen HST go at about the quote I got. I don't want to low ball the place, because I was impressed with the service. Is that about right, or should I be digging for a little more?

I've learned a ton browsing this place already, you guys are awesome!

John

/ Boomer 30 shuttle shift price check #2  
Hi John, welcome to the forum! I bought my Boomer 30 with FEL in HST drive 6 weeks back. $17,375 with rear tires loaded and delivered around 20 miles. The price you got seems in par with starting offers of those I saw when I was shopping. There was a few hundred dollars of wiggle room but not much more as the dealer's margins are already tight. I think you could get him down a bit if you haven't done any back and forth yet. There is some variation in price depending on where you live as well. As you noted, you're shopping shuttle not HST.

I bought mine and at the end of the third day, it abruptly stopped working. The sales rep drove out at night 2 miles into my forest trail with a flashlight to check it and early the next morning, he and the mechanic found I had managed to knock and bend the pedal linkage in the undercarriage moving logs. Moral of the story was, good dealer with good rep, worth its weight in gold. Get a good price as local as you can, use some leverage of another dealer's offer, show you've got your checkbook in hand, and when they refuse to budge any further, go with it. A couple hundred saved by buying at a distance would have hurt me in the end. Instead, I ended up with a dealer willing to drive 2 miles into the forest on a Saturday evening to support me. Amazing. Best of luck!

Glenn
Herkimer, NY

/ Boomer 30 shuttle shift price check
Thanks Glenn, that's good insight. This dealer is in auburn ny, so I think regional price should be close. What caught me actually was your price that you paid. I'm looking at a shuttle, and the dealer said to add $1500 if I wanted a HST. So I'm thinking this quote is a tad high and I should be look at sub 17k not by much though. Maybe 16700?

/ Boomer 30 shuttle shift price check #4  
I'm sure the LS is more than the boomer it's way more tractor. The R3039 is more comparable to teh Boomer 35 than the 30.

/ Boomer 30 shuttle shift price check #5  
John, I think you can do better on the price if you're as close as Auburn. I got mine at Springer's Supply's St. Johnsville branch. They're 80 miles from you in Richfield Springs, and also in Oneonta. I'd also gotten a quote just $100 higher in Amsterdam from H&M Equipment, also free delivery. Call Springer's (Springer's Inc: New Holland, Kubota skid steers, Boring Machine, Excavator, cultivator, Forklift, Loader, Tractor, Utility Vehicle, Pump & Attachment Sales in Richfield Springs, Oneonta, St. Johnsville, New York.) and tell them your buddy Glenn got his Boomer at the price I mentioned from Ron at the St. Johnsville location. They'll be reluctant not to match or beat it. Alternatively, mention the $17,300 price to your local dealership. They'll also match it to keep you, I'm sure. Remember, as you want a long term relationship with a good dealer, they're hoping for the same with you. A tractor means maintenance, implements, referrals (like this), and repeat sales. I doubt they'd give away a sale to another local dealership over a couple hundred bucks.

Best,
G

/ Boomer 30 shuttle shift price check
Well, I pulled the trigger on the boomer. I went to another dealer and got a slightly better quote. The local one matched, plus I changed a couple things. Boomer 30 with loaded rear AGs and the ssqa loader for 16900. I know the picture rule around here, so when it gets delivered
This Friday I'll be sure to post a few!

/ Boomer 30 shuttle shift price check #7  
Well, I pulled the trigger on the boomer. I went to another dealer and got a slightly better quote. The local one matched, plus I changed a couple things. Boomer 30 with loaded rear AGs and the ssqa loader for 16900. I know the picture rule around here, so when it gets delivered
This Friday I'll be sure to post a few!

Congrats! Yes, by Friday evening, we'll all be expecting a photo or two.
G

/ Boomer 30 shuttle shift price check #8  
Congrats on the purchase. Have books lined up to read while you're not sleeping tonight? haha