Comparison Powerstar T4.75 or T4030

/ Powerstar T4.75 or T4030 #1  

mkreitler

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040
Want to purchase a new tractor next year for the money what is the best buy of the two tractors?

/ Powerstar T4.75 or T4030 #2  
This is a pretty vague question. Perhaps you could elaborate on what is important to you in your new tractor? There isn't a whole lot of info out yet on the 4.75's since they ate so new, but supposedly NH put a lot of time, effort, and money into designing the cab for operator comfort.

I'm also interested in how people like the 4.75's as I think it looks like a home run for New Holland. However, I only think that because of good marketing on NH's part. Haha.

/ Powerstar T4.75 or T4030 #3  
Also, I'm not sure about the 4030, but I believe the 4.75 cab comes standard with a creeper gear if that's important to you (it is to me).

It would really help if you could list your own preferences in a tractor. As far as capability, I don't think you'll see much difference in the two, and you can probably get a cheaper price on the 4030 than the 4.75. This is all speculation though. As I have never sat in, or got quotes on, either of these tractors.

/ Powerstar T4.75 or T4030 #4  
I have a T4050 Deluxe with SS and have looked closely at the T4.75 PowerStar at my dealer. The 4.75 is a bit smaller and lighter and fewer features are available but the cab is noticeably improved.

SDT

/ Powerstar T4.75 or T4030
The T4.75 is the replacement for the older style T series tractors whitch like you said are heavier made and offer more than the new T series but as we all know it's all about the money.By that i mean less tractor more money for the T4.75 the T4030 is 6,000 less than the T4.75 both ROPS model CAB of course is more on both models with the POWERSTAR still higher by the same amount.I have woods to contend with so a cab is not in the cards.There are also more models of the POWERSTAR coming out in the future to replace all the older T series tractors so in your case I would waite until the next models of the new T series come out because your T 4050 tractor is more powerful than the 75 HORSEPOWER of the 4.75 powerstar. I driven both tractors and in my opion the older T series will out do the newer powerstar in most situtations. Remember there's no subsitute for HOURSEPOWER and WEIGHT to put it to the ground.

/ Powerstar T4.75 or T4030 #6  
I was responding to the original post and am not in the market for a tractor at this time. I have my T4050 equipped it as I like but do prefer the cab on the Powerstar.

I too have lots of woods and obstacles in some areas where I mow and do not take the T4050 there for this reason. I bought the T4050 partially because it was a once in a lifetime deal when I bought it three years ago. I was not looking for a cab tractor at the time but was able to buy it for about the same price as I could have bought a Kubota M7040 open station similarly equipped, which what I was shopping for.

SDT

/ Powerstar T4.75 or T4030
Piston, What I was getting at is put the two tractors side by side for comparison . What I found out when you look at the two the powerstar is more on the comfort side of the scale instead of the work side of the issue.If comfort is most important then hands down it's the POWERSTAR after all it was desizend by input from people like yourself and full time farmers wanted in a new generation of T series NEW HOLLAND tractors. It's more money for the powerstar by about 6,000 over the older T series tractors and the POWERSTAR is considered a lite duty utility tractor.The older T series a heavy duty utility tractor. So for me it's an issue of more for less. But you can't go wrong with the new POWERSTAR if COMFORT is the main issue not what the tractor can do.If you get a chance check out a FARMALL 65C tractor same tractor different color LESS MONEY.......same company building them you are rite by good marking on NH'S part.....