Buying Advice TD90D - made in Turkey?/ Iveco engines

/ TD90D - made in Turkey?/ Iveco engines #1  

Robert M

Tractor
no tractor yet
Does anyone has any comments on the quality of tractors such as the TD90D which I think might be made (Tractor.com showed the TD95D was made in Turkey so I am assuming the TD90D is as well) in Turkey?

I realise that tractors are made in countries all round the world eg. John Deere in India, but did not realise tractors also made in Turkey.

Also any comments on the Iveco engine, I have not heard of it before, so used to many of the tractors having Perkins engines.

/ TD90D - made in Turkey?/ Iveco engines #2  
CNH is building many of its 3 and 4 cylinder utility tractors in Turkey, the TD series was among the first to come to North America from that country under the NH brand. I believe Fiat has built tractors there for some time. Iveco 3 and 4 cylinder engines are rock solid and match or exceed the reliability of any engine built anywhere in the world IMHO.

/ TD90D - made in Turkey?/ Iveco engines
That's reassuring, reliability is certainly a mjor factor and they also sound good on fuel and generally look to be good quality on paper.

/ TD90D - made in Turkey?/ Iveco engines #4  
Does anyone has any comments on the quality of tractors such as the TD90D which I think might be made (Tractor.com showed the TD95D was made in Turkey so I am assuming the TD90D is as well) in Turkey?

I realise that tractors are made in countries all round the world eg. John Deere in India, but did not realise tractors also made in Turkey.

Also any comments on the Iveco engine, I have not heard of it before, so used to many of the tractors having Perkins engines.

I have a TD95D that the dats plate says was made in Jessup, Italy, so maybe the tractors are made in several locations.

/ TD90D - made in Turkey?/ Iveco engines
Interesting I will have to see if I can find out where this one was made.

/ TD90D - made in Turkey?/ Iveco engines #6  
the iveco engine they use it box truck i hear they are good engines the new holland and case ih are made in turkey by turk tractor company i was looking at case ih but after i hears they are made in turkey i passed on one and got a kubota i know the perkin are a top notch engine did you look at the case line of tractor the same tractor just red and a little cheaper price i own a 21hp case ih that was an 1989 model if case would make tractor like they did back a few year ago with a mitsubisu engine i would have be sold on one

/ TD90D - made in Turkey?/ Iveco engines #9  
the iveco engine they use it box truck i hear they are good engines the new holland and case ih are made in turkey by turk tractor company i was looking at case ih but after i hears they are made in turkey i passed on one and got a kubota i know the perkin are a top notch engine did you look at the case line of tractor the same tractor just red and a little cheaper price i own a 21hp case ih that was an 1989 model if case would make tractor like they did back a few year ago with a mitsubisu engine i would have be sold on one

I have a Farmall 45A which if I recall was made in Turkey and I have it parked right beside my Japan built Kubota and Ford 1920. The TN65 was made in Italy and of these 4 tractors I found the Farmall 45A to be the quietest and most comfortable. Build wise I don't see anything better or worse between any of them. There are some design issues that makes me dislike the Kubota but that has nothing to do with the country it is built in. Just a designer who didn't think things through. I am actually looking at buying a Farmall 95 or 125A. Haven't decided but am leaning towards the 95. I would highly recommend these tractors to anyone looking. I like my 45A so much I have found myself talking myself out of buying a 55A just to add to the fleet. Their great little tractors and best of all, they don't have all the electronic crap on them so they should be reliable for a long time without any headaches and that is what I wanted.

/ TD90D - made in Turkey?/ Iveco engines #10  
Do not believe everything you see on tractordata.com. The IVECO engine seems solid, plenty of power for its displacement and no turbo.
As some others have said, made in Italy DSCN0005low.jpg