Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    no tractor yet

Default TD90D - made in Turkey?/ Iveco engines

Does anyone has any comments on the quality of tractors such as the TD90D which I think might be made (Tractor.com showed the TD95D was made in Turkey so I am assuming the TD90D is as well) in Turkey?

I realise that tractors are made in countries all round the world eg. John deere in India, but did not realise tractors also made in Turkey.

Also any comments on the Iveco engine, I have not heard of it before, so used to many of the tractors having Perkins engines.

Tractor
    Case 885, JD 730D, Ford 4000

Default Re: TD90D - made in Turkey?/ Iveco engines

CNH is building many of its 3 and 4 cylinder utility tractors in Turkey, the TD series was among the first to come to North America from that country under the NH brand. I believe Fiat has built tractors there for some time. Iveco 3 and 4 cylinder engines are rock solid and match or exceed the reliability of any engine built anywhere in the world IMHO.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Tractor
    no tractor yet

That's reassuring, reliability is certainly a mjor factor and they also sound good on fuel and generally look to be good quality on paper.

Tractor
    New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Ferguson TO-30

Quote Originally Posted by Robert M View Post
    Does anyone has any comments on the quality of tractors such as the TD90D which I think might be made (Tractor.com showed the TD95D was made in Turkey so I am assuming the TD90D is as well) in Turkey?

I realise that tractors are made in countries all round the world eg. John deere in India, but did not realise tractors also made in Turkey.

Also any comments on the Iveco engine, I have not heard of it before, so used to many of the tractors having Perkins engines.
    I have a TD95D that the dats plate says was made in Jessup, Italy, so maybe the tractors are made in several locations.

Tractor
    no tractor yet

Interesting I will have to see if I can find out where this one was made.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    kubota 7040sud

the iveco engine they use it box truck i hear they are good engines the new holland and case ih are made in turkey by turk tractor company i was looking at case ih but after i hears they are made in turkey i passed on one and got a kubota i know the perkin are a top notch engine did you look at the case line of tractor the same tractor just red and a little cheaper price i own a 21hp case ih that was an 1989 model if case would make tractor like they did back a few year ago with a mitsubisu engine i would have be sold on one

My 2009 TN75 has a sticker on it, made in Italy
    TN75D, w/cab, FEL, BH
    7 1/2 ft Lucknow Blower

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Quote Originally Posted by case245 View Post
    the iveco engine they use it box truck i hear they are good engines the new holland and case ih are made in turkey by turk tractor company i was looking at case ih but after i hears they are made in turkey i passed on one and got a kubota i know the perkin are a top notch engine did you look at the case line of tractor the same tractor just red and a little cheaper price i own a 21hp case ih that was an 1989 model if case would make tractor like they did back a few year ago with a mitsubisu engine i would have be sold on one
    I have a Farmall 45A which if I recall was made in Turkey and I have it parked right beside my Japan built Kubota and Ford 1920. The TN65 was made in Italy and of these 4 tractors I found the Farmall 45A to be the quietest and most comfortable. Build wise I don't see anything better or worse between any of them. There are some design issues that makes me dislike the Kubota but that has nothing to do with the country it is built in. Just a designer who didn't think things through. I am actually looking at buying a Farmall 95 or 125A. Haven't decided but am leaning towards the 95. I would highly recommend these tractors to anyone looking. I like my 45A so much I have found myself talking myself out of buying a 55A just to add to the fleet. Their great little tractors and best of all, they don't have all the electronic crap on them so they should be reliable for a long time without any headaches and that is what I wanted.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Gold Member

Do not believe everything you see on tractordata.com. The IVECO engine seems solid, plenty of power for its displacement and no turbo.
    As some others have said, made in Italy -dscn0005low-jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast