Ford 1700 and Ford 1710 parts machines - now what?

/ Ford 1700 and Ford 1710 parts machines - now what? #1  

bspeedy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330, Ford 1700, JD 2210, Takeuchi TB135 Excavator
Hello, all.

First post as a new member, but i have been lurking here for a couple of years. I have learned a lot from this forum and you all have helped me to make decisions regarding my tractors and property. Mods - if this is in the wrong place, please move it as required.

I have a dilemma.

Just purchased the following machines:
Ford 1700 2wd with 770 loader. Tired condition, loader is rusty, good tires - parts machine
Ford 1710 4wd with 770A loader. Same as above - loader is not as rusty but needs bushings. Split in half with engine out and under a tree when i found it.

Each machine has some good parts and some junk parts.

My reasons for purchase are:
Possible spare parts for my own 1700 4wd.
To keep the former owner from selling them for scrap.
To sell the parts or lot for a profit (this one is most important to the missus)

I've had these machines for three days and have managed to get the levelling box on the 1700 working... not tremendous progress and makes the task seem daunting.

If you were me, how would you approach this?:
Try to sell each tractor and each loader as a whole
Take off parts, clean and sell them as-is
Semi-restore some parts (perhaps rims, radiator, fenders) and try to sell for top $

Just some more info - All items are currently inside, but I do not want them on-hand one year from now - except for parts I choose to keep for the my 1700.

Advice, please...

/ Ford 1700 and Ford 1710 parts machines - now what? #2  
You might be surprised how fast some parts will sell. Go ahead and sell what you don't want.

/ Ford 1700 and Ford 1710 parts machines - now what?
Thanks for the reply, sld.

I do plan to sell most of it. I guess my question is, how? Craigslist, ebay, TBN classifieds, other? I figured someone would have a selling strategy, but perhaps most of us are not Fred Sanford types.

Thanks, again.

/ Ford 1700 and Ford 1710 parts machines - now what? #4  
:welcome:

/ Ford 1700 and Ford 1710 parts machines - now what? #5  
i have parted out a couple of older Fords and found CL was the best. The fees eBay charges anymore really hacked me off.

I was shipping thru the USPS and their one price per box method. Obviously the bigger stuff is local only. I still have a set of tires / rims and a hydro transmission because I was too lazy to crate them up and take them somewhere to be shipped.

It's great to see these old Fords recycled. Almost everybody that bought something was very glad to get it for a decent price.

That's great information - thanks for that. CL will be my strategy. I still have to take pictures of everything.

And Merry Christmas, everyone.

/ Ford 1700 and Ford 1710 parts machines - now what? #7  
I have two 4wd 1700's and would be interested in talking with you.
Please contact me at 724-825-0335.

Thanks
Ron

/ Ford 1700 and Ford 1710 parts machines - now what? #8  
How is the sheetmetal on them?

/ Ford 1700 and Ford 1710 parts machines - now what? #9  
old thread i know... any parts left from the 1710?

Sorry, never saw the reply to this old thread until just now. The old girls were sold quite quickly to eager buyers. Good luck in your parts search. I've found the xx10 series Fords to be difficult to find.