Insurance TS6.110 Cab

/ TS6.110 Cab #1  

M8560HD12 TAMMARC FARM

Bronze Member
Tractor
TS6.110 4WD Cab, WM75 FEL ROPS
Was wondering if anyone can shed light on 2 things:
1) Any thoughts on New Holland's 2012 TS6.110, just placed order for one and it gets delivered next week
1a) Pulling IF720 4-16 Plow, NH320 Baler + kicker and NH479 Hay Bine
2) For Insurance, because I am financing part of this, better to get separate insurance policy or just add on to home owner's

any feedback on tractor and insurance advice woul dbe welcomed!

/ TS6.110 Cab #2  
I have been looking at one also, but I was looking at the 140. What trans option did you get? From my understanding they are built at the CNH facility in Mexico. I drove a cab one and really liked it. Case also has a version of the same tractor with their Farmall A.

The 110 should handle that plow and baler just fine. Sorry, but I can't be much help with the insurance advice.

/ TS6.110 Cab
I have been looking at one also, but I was looking at the 140. What trans option did you get? From my understanding they are built at the CNH facility in Mexico. I drove a cab one and really liked it. Case also has a version of the same tractor with their Farmall A.

The 110 should handle that plow and baler just fine. Sorry, but I can't be much help with the insurance advice.

Yeah I saw Mexico, but that wasn't a complete turn off after driving it - I drove that after driving the M9960HDC12 that I had on order and then put a hold on it and after driving the NH it made my mind up after 3 feet pulling forward - I just went with the 8x8 -my Oliver 1755 [85HP] that I am trading in had 8 Gears [4hi-4lo] + Hydro Shift [Low-Me-Ho] so the 8x8 will suit me fine for what I am doing [12ac hay, mowing pastures, spreading manure etc]

My insurance agent is calling me Monday, I have insurance on 2004 Exiss Horse Trailer 3-horse w/ Living quarters and that is only $125/yr, So I think it shouldn't be too painful to carry a separate policy on the tractor

/ TS6.110 Cab #4  
DSC02964A.jpgDSC02969A.jpgI have a year-old TS6020, the previous version of the TS6.110. Biggest difference is in the transmission, as mine has the Ford 16x4 Dual Power constant mesh - no syncros or reverser. I was a little upset when they introduced the TS6 series a month after mine came in as I would have liked the syncros, but when I found out it would have been $8k more I was happy with my 16x4. I've grown up on Fords so shifting it is second nature. I use mine for haying only (NH H7230 Discbine and NH 570 baler) so I stick to one gear usually once I hit the field. I really would miss the Dual Power/Dual Command, as I use that all the time when mowing and baling.
The TS6 series is assembled in Mexico. At least on my TS6020, I was told that the transmission/rear end comes from the old Ford plant in Antwerp, Belgium. The engine is a standard-issue Fiat/Cummins NEF. The cab is made in Turkey and also used on the TD series. Front axle is a Carraro.
I've never had a cabbed tractor before, so the cab is great in my mind and seems to have good visibility and noise levels. The hydraulic remote valve controls are in a bad place (too far back), but work fine for the amount I use them. I'm thinking of making some simple extensions that will bring them up clsoer to the shift levers. Also on the remotes, the #1 remote has a load check valve on it that prevents it from floating a single-acting cylinder. Not sure why the load check valve is there, but I had my delaer remove it as I did not like having to deadhead the system to lower the Discbine or baler pickup. With the check valve removed it floats now, but it leaks down way too fast. It is supposed to go back soon for a possible upgrade but they haven't told me what yet. The remote valves are nearly identical to Ford 10 Series deluxe remotes and I can't see why they shouldn't work the same.
Only other big issue for me is the seat, as the pins that adjust the seat in front/back position are not tight in their locking slots, so the seat slides forward/back 1/4" or so and makes a noise each time it hits. This can get really annoying when mowing and the seat continually bangs back and forth.
Other than those couple issues, I love the tractor. It starts and runs great, and pulls the Discbine better than my Ford 7710 (although it uses more fuel). Although it is a simple design, it suits my needs perfectly and the price was right!

/ TS6.110 Cab
lfc, appreciate you sharing your experience - I am excited to plow, cut and bale with this bad boy - I do agree sitting in the cab the rear remotes are far back - I too will make some extensions to make them easier access especially when plowing and cutting - we also have a hydraulic ram on the kicker for aiming in wagon and that has to be done constantly to fill the wagon properly, so that upgrade will be done possibly on arrival [work for a machine shop, so fabricating should not be a problem [government work LOL]

/ TS6.110 Cab
oh yeah, tractor arrives this week, will be sure and post pics!

/ TS6.110 Cab #7  
Glad to help. These tractors aren't that popular, so it is good to have someone else to compare notes with. I was originally planning on getting a T4.100 and went to the Empire Farm Days to look at a T4.75 they were to have on display. They had a TS6030 with a cab there too, and until then I never knew they offered a cab on the TS series. I liked the TS since it had a lot of Ford roots in it, and it seemed better suited to what I needed. Of course the T4.100 still hasn't come out yet either!
Keep me posted on what you think of the seat, and also if your remotes perform any differently than mine. I'd like to get a better story before they take mine back for a fix. See what you think of the owner's manual too - mine is horrible and has way too many mistakes. Did you get front fenders? The fender kit through Parts for my TS6020 is $1200, but now they came out with a kit for the TS that is only $350, which is cheaper than if you order them on the tractor! They were very overpriced at $1200, but $350 for two fenders and all of the brackets seems too good to be true. I put them on mine and they are just fine.

/ TS6.110 Cab
Will be sure and keep you posted - won't start plowing 'til mid-march [unless weather breaks sooner here] - but will update on hydraulics and seat [felt great during test drive, but let's see how she perfoms in use] - no fron fenders for me, not just yet anyway! with the performance of my [2] NH320 and NH279 Balers and NH479 Hay Bine, I have full confidence in the brand and my dealer has been selling them for years, so all signs point upward, here's hoping!

/ TS6.110 Cab #9  
I'm sure you will be happy with it. I've had lots of Ford-New Holland equipment, and none has let me down.

/ TS6.110 Cab #10  
I sale NH and when it comes to insurance, about half the folsk use their own and the other half go with NH. The NH insurance never changes premiums no mater howm any claims you do, it covers the normal fire, theft, hail damgae, rodent infestation etc. BUT also covers mechanical stuff too. Fuel pumps, injectors, hydraulics. etc. It in a way is kind aan extended warranty with a smal deductible