WORKMASTER 55 vs TT-50A

/ WORKMASTER 55 vs TT-50A #1  

Harold_J

Gold Member
I have been looking at some of these in 2-WD versions, both used and new.
No loader or anything, just a basic tractor.
Which one would be the best performance and reliability wise?
Engine looks the same 4-cyl except Workmaster 55 is turbocharged and TIER III.
TT-50A is non-turbo and TIER II.
I don't really care too much whether it's synchro-shuttle or not, I just want the machine that will run the best, start easy and have long-term reliability. Workmaster has 5 more HP, but that isn't significant for how I will be using it.
Even fuel economy is not that important if one is otherwise better than the other.
If I can find them in similiar condition, maybe slightly lower price for TT, which one should I go for?
Does the TIER III vs TIER II make much difference (EGR ,etc.) or did they just add the turbo to take care of that?

/ WORKMASTER 55 vs TT-50A #2  
nothing really changes between tier 2 or tier 3. Tier 4 is where the big changes are. The workmaster series hasnt reached tier 4 yet. I personally woudl go with the newer Workmaster. The TT50A is a nice tractor but the engine in the workmaster is newer and better. IMO. Also, some tier 2 models, if you did have engine problems, you may not be able to find a replacement motor. We have experienced that issue on skid steers and one tractor....just my opinion

/ WORKMASTER 55 vs TT-50A
jdbnh, Thank you for the information. If there is little difference between the Tier 2 or Tier 3 performance then I will be considering the Workmaster or Farmall A equivalent.

/ WORKMASTER 55 vs TT-50A #4  
Those Workmasters and Farmall A tractors are VERY nice! I would have looked more in depth at them when I bought my 5203 (56hp) 5 years ago, but the local NH or Case dealer wasn't established as well as they are now. I think the transmission is a synch shuttle on the Workmaster and wasn't on the TT series, but don't quote me on that.

/ WORKMASTER 55 vs TT-50A #5  
Love our WM 55. Stone reliable for the 18 months we've had it. The TPH set up is very versatile. FEL is good and I love the quickattach set up. We have the backhoe for it too and that's a very nice unit as well.