Any T4000 series owners out there?

/ Any T4000 series owners out there? #1  

Chickengrower

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 5093e, JD 2240, Bobcat 773G, F800 w/ 16' lo pro Chandler bed
Any satisfied (or dissatisfied for that matter) T4000 owners out there? I am considering a MFWD Rops T4040 or T4050.

/ Any T4000 series owners out there? #2  
I have a T4020. I am very satisfied with it. Does everything I needed it to do. I will stress though that I do not farm for a living. I use it to move hay bales, bush hog pastures, plow the garden, etc. Mine is 4x4 with a 810 FEL. The front end loader has changed my view on life, I wish I had bought a tractor with one 10 years ago when I bought my first house with only 5 acres.

/ Any T4000 series owners out there?
Thanks for your reply Mr. Jones. Yes those FEL's are really nice to have. The other day, someone else said the the same thing you did about wishing they had bought one years earlier.
A friend of mine was telling me he didn't like the New Hollands because they had a reputation for developing transmission problems. You have to take what he tells you with a grain of salt sometimes (really all the time come to think of it). I thought i'd just see what actual owners of the T4000 had to say. NH has some pretty good financing deals right now but I can't seem to make up my mind to go blue or green. Several of the people who do custom work in the chicken houses around here use the T4040 or T4050 because of their compact nature i guess.

/ Any T4000 series owners out there? #4  
Last Fall I shopped hard for a T4000 series. I inquired, looking for information like you. I got little response. Not because the tractors aren't good, just that there are VERY few T4000 owners on this forum. :(

/ Any T4000 series owners out there? #5  
I bought the T4020 for two reasons. One is my dad has two New Hollands, a 7610, a TN65, and a Ford 3000. I really like his TN65 so thats what I started shopping for. The second reason is I found the T4020 used with about 300 hours on it for a good deal so I bought it instead of keeping on hunting for a TN65. The only problem my dad has had with any of his New Hollands is the fuel gauge on the TN65 quit.

Last Fall I shopped hard for a T4000 series. I inquired, looking for information like you. I got little response. Not because the tractors aren't good, just that there are VERY few T4000 owners on this forum. :(

I'm starting to realize that ovrszd. If I had posted about a JD i probably would have all kinds of responses. Did you buy the NH or did you get the M9540 instead? I tried to find an M9540 open station to avoid the Tier IV stuff but they are all bought up.

I bought the T4020 for two reasons. One is my dad has two New Hollands, a 7610, a TN65, and a Ford 3000. I really like his TN65 so thats what I started shopping for. The second reason is I found the T4020 used with about 300 hours on it for a good deal so I bought it instead of keeping on hunting for a TN65. The only problem my dad has had with any of his New Hollands is the fuel gauge on the TN65 quit.

Yep those good deals don't come around that often so you gotta grab em when you can. Glad you guys have had good luck with your rigs. I've only been pricing new machines and i'm finding its best to shop around and don't jump at the first offer. One dealer wanted $4000 more for a T4040 MFWD, 820 loader with 3rd function valve than another dealer, a few miles down the road, wanted for the EXACT SAME TRACTOR. The T4000's seem to have alot of what i am looking for but the operator station seems to be a little tight for me and that just may be the deciding factor if everything else is equal. I'm a little partial to JD but certainly not enough to just go buy one without first looking at what the other manufacturers have to offer.

/ Any T4000 series owners out there? #8  
I'm starting to realize that ovrszd. If I had posted about a JD i probably would have all kinds of responses. Did you buy the NH or did you get the M9540 instead? I tried to find an M9540 open station to avoid the Tier IV stuff but they are all bought up.

I found a used T4050 in Arkansas, 250 hrs, new 820 loader, excellent condition for $36K. I was excited and commited to buying it with the dealer. Before I got there the guy that traded it in and bought a new one had engine problems. He wanted his old tractor back for a loaner until the new one was fixed. I waited three weeks and finally gave up.

I then found an open station M9540 near Chicago. I bought it and made the 420 mile one way trip to get it. I felt lucky to find it. As you said, they are all gone.

I have no regrets about my purchase. I also don't think I'd have had any regrets with the NH either. The biggest difference that leaned me toward the Kubota was the transmission. My M9540 is a 12 speed. It has a six speed fully sychronized main transmission and a two speed range that isn't synchronized. NH uses a four speed synchronized and a three speed range that isn't synchronized. I like that I have six speeds to choose from on the go versus four. Otherwise I think they are very comparable.

Good luck with your search. I found the used NH on Tractorhouse.com.

/ Any T4000 series owners out there? #9  
Any satisfied (or dissatisfied for that matter) T4000 owners out there? I am considering a MFWD Rops T4040 or T4050.

I have a T4050 Deluxe with SS, 16X16 hyd shuttle and 820 TL loader bought three years ago. I'm well satisfied with it and have had no serious issues. There have been a few minor issues, all covered by the warranty.

It's a lot of power in a small package and with SS it will turn on a dime.

It's more tractor than I need since my plans have changed and I will likely sell it this year as I use it very rarely. As a result, I can offer little useful owner feedback.

SDT