ford 1710 with snowblower price check

/ ford 1710 with snowblower price check #1  

muzzy123

Tractor
ford
I have the opportunity to pick up this tractor for 5800.00. Everything works as it should and it has 1100 hours on it. Is it worth it?. 12 speed with live pto.

Attachments

• IMAG0720.jpg
    IMAG0720.jpg
    802.1 KB · Views: 781
  • IMAG0725.jpg
    IMAG0725.jpg
    650.5 KB · Views: 659
  • IMAG0719.jpg
    IMAG0719.jpg
    785.7 KB · Views: 1,967
   / ford 1710 with snowblower price check #2  
Welcome from Ohio try offering 5,000

/ ford 1710 with snowblower price check #3  
I owned a 1710 for several years and loved the tractor but parts were getting hard to obtain.

/ ford 1710 with snowblower price check #4  
If it seems well cared for, and from the pics it doesn't look too bad, I think its not a bad deal. I've bought an 1100 last year that is an absolute workhorse for its size, and I'd love to have that front mounted snowblower.

/ ford 1710 with snowblower price check
Thanks for the replies. The price includes all the filters changed along with engine oil, delivery (50 Miles), check on everything to make sure it works and a 30 day warranty.

/ ford 1710 with snowblower price check #6  
I got my 1100 for slightly less, but you've got a lot bigger tractor. I got a FEL, back blade, tiller, cultivator, & bottom plow on a private sale with no warranty or delivery. I don't know anything about tractors, so that warranty would have given me a lot of piece of mind. And, again, a snow blower would be great. Front mounted is icing on the cake!
I've not run into any major issues where parts availability is an issue. That might be a big pain sometime. Just hafta see. And mine only had 300 hours on it in 30 years time, so I knew it hadn't been worked a lot. I know I sure couldn't have gotten anything more modern & been able to afford it. I'm thrilled with the work I can get done compared to LBT (Life Before Tractor), even if it is a tiny little mighty-mite!

/ ford 1710 with snowblower price check #7  
In this same New Holland forum there's a fairly recent thread titled " Pics of new (to me) 1700 and some questions" or something like that. Don't know how to direct you to it better. Anyway, this fella bought a 1700 for $2800. If you can find it, maybe the photos & info will give you something to compare to.

/ ford 1710 with snowblower price check #9  
Looks pretty clean. Mine is in similar condition and has the FEL instead of the Blower but I feel mine is worth more than 5800. Seems pretty good deal if it mechanically sounds good.

Last edited:
   / ford 1710 with snowblower price check #10  
In this same New Holland forum there's a fairly recent thread titled " Pics of new (to me) 1700 and some questions" or something like that. Don't know how to direct you to it better. Anyway, this fella bought a 1700 for $2800. If you can find it, maybe the photos & info will give you something to compare to.

You can't compare the 1700 to the 1710. The 1700 was a 2 cyl diesel that sounded like a freight train when running and the vibration was horrendous. It also had a rigid seat. The 1710 is a 3 cyl diesel, runs really smooth, much better fuel economy, more power and hyd. fluid flow, and a spring loaded seat. I compared them side by side when I bought my new 1710 and immediately shut off the 1700. No comparison at all.