Ford 1200 price check

/ Ford 1200 price check #1  

GManBart

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 241, Kubota SVL90-2
I'm going to try swinging by this estate auction on Sat (it's very close) and couldn't help but notice how clean the Ford 1200 (second picture down) looks. I don't really need it, but if it's a crazy good deal....

What do you think the reasonable high-low range is for this?

ESTATE AUCTION

/ Ford 1200 price check #2  
I have no frame of reference for that tractor...
From my experience if an auction is well advertised and folks know the farm and items to be sold prices can be higher than what I consider bargain priced...
Personally I would determine my upper limit and go no higher...
Being an 82 model I would ask about parts availability even though those Shibaura units are pretty much bullet proof...
In this instance I would think that 2K to 3K would be reasonable but again I may be way under or lower actual market prices...
Our church has a 5020 Allis bought new in 1980 that was manufactured by Hinomoto and that company has been out of business for many years...
Parts would be an issue but fortunately that machine just runs and runs and runs...

/ Ford 1200 price check #3  
Do a search, read the information. 1200 parts are really high priced if your able to locate them. A major failure and you have a great boat anchor.
Not to be critical but I will not own one ( after a great experience ).

/ Ford 1200 price check #4  
if a 1200.. check front end components.. .. front drive axles and parts like crank are made of unobtanium. figure that into the price. it MAY be a good deal...

/ Ford 1200 price check #5  
Yep, nothing like good ole "unobtanium". They just don't make it using quality material like that.:thumbsup: