NH Backhoe attachments

/ NH Backhoe attachments #1  

buildingup

Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Looking at picking up a NH Boomer 40 and looking at getting a backhoe because of the good financing they have going on right now. The BH are the 920GH (7.5' dig depth and ~2785lb bucket force) and 930GH (8.5' dig depth and ~4100 lb bucket force.

Not sure on cost between the two but does anyone have any regrets going with the 920 over the 930? I could see digging down to 8' to finish the geothermal loop for my garage but not sure it really needs to be that deep and other then that I don't see where I would use the extra force or digging depth.

Also, which bucket size do people recommend? I have heard to get a 9" and 18"

/ NH Backhoe attachments #2  
Welcome to TBN. I have the old style Boomer, with the 7.5' BH. The only time I've wanted/needed that extra length has been when cleaning cattails out of my ponds. That extra foot would have been nice. I have a 12" bucket that I have used for most of my trench work. You might do some searching here for all the ways folks use their BHs and that might give you some ideas on bucket sizes to purchase.

You will love having a BH around.

/ NH Backhoe attachments
Welcome to TBN. I have the old style Boomer, with the 7.5' BH. The only time I've wanted/needed that extra length has been when cleaning cattails out of my ponds. That extra foot would have been nice. I have a 12" bucket that I have used for most of my trench work. You might do some searching here for all the ways folks use their BHs and that might give you some ideas on bucket sizes to purchase.

You will love having a BH around.

Appreciate it!. I have been looking at how people use there BH and type of soil conditions. Seeing I have a lot of gravely sand in my area and then a softer clay I think I might just stick with the 18" for moving large amount of dirt and then keep the 9" for trenching which I will have a lot to do. As for the length we will see how good of a price he can give me on both.

How is your boomer 40 holding up? I tried to talk my parents neighbor into selling me his since he rarely uses it and looks better then the day he brought it home but he's just to attached to it.

/ NH Backhoe attachments #4  
How is your boomer 40 holding up? I tried to talk my parents neighbor into selling me his since he rarely uses it and looks better then the day he brought it home but he's just to attached to it.

My TC40DA is doing well. Not sure you can compare it to the new NH line. Be sure to get rear remotes (I have a single, wish I had gotten a second).

/ NH Backhoe attachments
What do you use the rear remotes for? I'm getting a 3rd function valve to operate a grapple on the front but the rear I mainly plan on rubbing a mower, backhoe, and box blade.

/ NH Backhoe attachments #6  
I use the rear remote to run my log splitter and for the lift on my small dump trailer. If I had two more remotes, I would consider a top/tilt setup where you can control the top length and side tilt of your box blade, grader blade. Do some reading on top and tilt cylinders on here. Lots of other uses for hydraulic remotes too. Good move on the grapple. I will use my remotes when I finally get one. Have hoses running to the front to control my snow plow.

/ NH Backhoe attachments #7  
I bought the LS version of a Boomer 50 in Jan, and it's been flawless.....coming up to 70hrs on it now. I did the 50hr service, and all I found were a few bolts that needed to be snugged up, which is completely normal for any new tractor.

You may want to take a run by Aeschlimann's in Whitmore Lake (30 mi or so from you on Rt 23). That's where I bought my LS. A Boomer 40 is the same machine as an LS R4041, with a weaker loader, and less options, but it will cost significantly more. I priced a Boomer 50, and it was over $30k, for the same setup as the LS, which was $21,500. I recently priced the matching 7.5ft backhoe, and they quoted me $6,350.

Here's one of their current ads:

LS tractor loader R4041, 41hp

/ NH Backhoe attachments
I dogs did take a look at the LS tractors which were cheaper yes but same lift capacity as the NH. After you put in interest for the LS the price was the same if not more and the LS dealer was over an hour away while I have two NH dealers within 20 min. LS FEL lift height was also lower then NH.

/ NH Backhoe attachments #9  
Looking at picking up a NH Boomer 40 and looking at getting a backhoe because of the good financing they have going on right now. The BH are the 920GH (7.5' dig depth and ~2785lb bucket force) and 930GH (8.5' dig depth and ~4100 lb bucket force.

Not sure on cost between the two but does anyone have any regrets going with the 920 over the 930? I could see digging down to 8' to finish the geothermal loop for my garage but not sure it really needs to be that deep and other then that I don't see where I would use the extra force or digging depth.

Also, which bucket size do people recommend? I have heard to get a 9" and 18"

I have a 758C model BH on my TC40. I have used it a lot and can't imagine why you would consider giving up the increased bucket force of the 930. Also, increased digging depth translates to farther reach. That is, you will be able to dig a longer section of 5' deep trench before needing to move the tractor.

/ NH Backhoe attachments
You do speak the truth about the 930. I have been thinking about waiting the extra week or two for it to arrive. Still up in the air about a couple things between this boomer 40 and kubota mx5100, wish I could demo both for a week to see which would work better.