Oppinion on upgrading from a TN75a to a Powerstar T4.75?

/ Oppinion on upgrading from a TN75a to a Powerstar T4.75? #1  

dbnair

Hello,

I have a TN75a no cab that I've been happy with and would like to trade in/up to a new T4.75 with a cab.

Has anyone made the switch? How do the tractors compare? Size, weight, capability. I am familiar with their paper specs.

Another option would be the coming soon T4.85/95/105 for more horsepower.

A T5 / 5000 series would be too big for my chores.

I do chores, cut hay with a 9' haybine (may like larger or discbine), bale with a NH740a silage special, etc...

Any input or oppinions from T4 owners or people who have made the switch would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Grant

/ Oppinion on upgrading from a TN75a to a Powerstar T4.75? #2  
TN75a is a great tractor. The power star would be a replacement you would be happy with. You cant beat the cab and the power is there. The new T4 are going to be closer in size to the old T5000 series and will come with a hefty price tag. The powerstars have been out about a year and half now. I have seen no major issues with any of them other than a couple small ac problems...but then again that's something that will always be there with a cab tractor regardless of brand.

/ Oppinion on upgrading from a TN75a to a Powerstar T4.75? #3  
Hello,

I have a TN75a no cab that I've been happy with and would like to trade in/up to a new T4.75 with a cab.

Has anyone made the switch? How do the tractors compare? Size, weight, capability. I am familiar with their paper specs.

I do chores, cut hay with a 9' haybine (may like larger or discbine), bale with a NH740a silage special, etc...

Any input or oppinions from T4 owners or people who have made the switch would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Grant

I just purchased a Powerstar T4.75 to replace my Boomer 3040. I haven't taken delivery yet but will post pictures when I do. When I've tested out my Powerstar I've been impressed with it and feel it will be a terrific upgrade. I believe that New Holland is just scratching the surface of the capability of the new Fiat produced engines and wouldn't be surprised if future New Hollands will make even more power with the engine currently in the T4.75's. I will be sure to keep everyone updated on my new tractor once I receive it.

/ Oppinion on upgrading from a TN75a to a Powerstar T4.75? #4  
waiting to new t4 t5 cab 4x4 bubby seat

/ Oppinion on upgrading from a TN75a to a Powerstar T4.75? #5  
did price one?.

/ Oppinion on upgrading from a TN75a to a Powerstar T4.75? #6  
I bought a new Powerstar T4.75 in April. I have 49 acres in the Shenandoah Valley. I owned a 2005 TC40 before and liked it, but wanted something bigger to work on my land and possibly use to cut hay, etc in the future. Love the "buddy seat". Cab is well laid out and very comfortable. Air ride seat is adjustable and provides a great ride. I have had a few warrantly issues that were taken care of. Other then that, it is a great tractor. Paid 42K with 0% financing through CNH Capital. Not a bad deal.

I have the following tools for it:
Woods 84" box blade
Woods 84" landscape rake
Land Pride 72" rotary cutter
48" Pallet forks

Looking at getting:
Woods 84" back blade with hydraulic tilt and angle

Thanks,
Brendan

/ Oppinion on upgrading from a TN75a to a Powerstar T4.75? #7  
Hello,

Many thanks,
Grant

Buy a T4.75 from dealer stock now to avoid Tier IV and a major price increase.

SDT

/ Oppinion on upgrading from a TN75a to a Powerstar T4.75? #8  
I bought a new Powerstar T4.75 in April. I have 49 acres in the Shenandoah Valley. I owned a 2005 TC40 before and liked it, but wanted something bigger to work on my land and possibly use to cut hay, etc in the future. Love the "buddy seat". Cab is well laid out and very comfortable. Air ride seat is adjustable and provides a great ride. I have had a few warrantly issues that were taken care of. Other then that, it is a great tractor. Paid 42K with 0% financing through CNH Capital. Not a bad deal.

I have the following tools for it:
Woods 84" box blade
Woods 84" landscape rake
Land Pride 72" rotary cutter
48" Pallet forks

Looking at getting:
Woods 84" back blade with hydraulic tilt and angle

Thanks,
Brendan

Brendan, I would think about getting a 96" rear blade for your tractor, maybe even a 108" unit. A 7 footer is not going to cover your tracks when angled. Don't forget to get the skid shoes either. They make a HUGE difference. (easier) Probably something similar to the picture. You might want to also consider a hydraulic tilt cylinder for your 3pt hitch instead of for the blade. That way you would have tilt capabilities for all of your implements, not just the rear blade. Nice to have that capability for the box blade and landscape rake. But then while you are at it, should probably go ahead and get a hydraulic top link for your 3pt. Might as well get all the adjustments that you can with hydraulics. :cool: ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    886.5 KB · Views: 666
   / Oppinion on upgrading from a TN75a to a Powerstar T4.75? #9  
Brendan, Unless you have a lot of obstacles to cut grass around, a 72 inch cutter is WAY undersized for your T4. A 10 to 12 foot rotary cutter will pull easily with no strain at all behind the T4. I have a very heavy duty 9 footer that I pull behind a TN75 and it never slows it down a lick. We have an old style TN70 at the farm we pull a normal duty 10 footer behind and it does well with it. My TC33d pulls a 6 foot LandPride quite well. The difference between a 6 foot and 10 foot cutter is the amount of time is almost halved because you are effectively around 5 to 5.5 feet vs. 9 plus feet with each swath. Just my 2 cents.