Ford 811 ....can it be converted to PTO?

/ Ford 811 ....can it be converted to PTO? #1  

KOstrat

Tractor
None
I love the overall looks and stance of the Ford 801 Powermaster series tractors.
There's a '58 Ford Powermaster for sale nearby that I just found today.....this will be my first tractor.
It's listed as a Ford model 811. According to TractorData.com, this model came new
without a PTO. The video of the machine I'm looking at shows a blankoff plate where the PTO would be,
yet Yesterday's Tracors offers replacement PTO shafts for the Ford 811..........what's up with that?

Ford 811 PTO Shaft (NCA710-38)

Here's my question: Can a PTO be added to the Ford 811? If yes, is it a major deal? I'm pretty good with a wrench.

Thanks,

Tom

/ Ford 811 ....can it be converted to PTO? #2  
I love the overall looks and stance of the Ford 801 Powermaster series tractors.
There's a '58 Ford Powermaster for sale nearby that I just found today.....this will be my first tractor.
It's listed as a Ford model 811. According to TractorData.com, this model came new
without a PTO. The video of the machine I'm looking at shows a blankoff plate where the PTO would be,
yet Yesterday's Tracors offers replacement PTO shafts for the Ford 811..........what's up with that?

Ford 811 PTO Shaft (NCA710-38)

Here's my question: Can a PTO be added to the Ford 811? If yes, is it a major deal? I'm pretty good with a wrench.

Thanks,

Tom

an 811 is a SOS tranny with no pto. I think you'll need to ask RickB on this one.

I got no idea if the sos sans pto was simply a stub shaft left out, and a control cable.. etc. or if it's more involved.

that sos is not a 'standard' gear trans. it's a full powershift job... ind pto ( when equipped )

/ Ford 811 ....can it be converted to PTO? #3  
Soundguy brings up another point...the Select-O-Shift transmission brings its own host of potential issues. You may want to read up on them before buying anything with an SOS in it. In fact, for the earlier years, tractors without the SOS are usually priced higher, because if the SOS dies, you're likely going to have to find a donor standard transmission to install in its place.