ford 2610 opinions

/ ford 2610 opinions #1  

calbug

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 4720i
posted in buying/pricing forum but figured i'd post here. ford 2610 diesel, new tires , no leaks, everything works(guages,lights), no smoke, fires right up. overall great condition. 7000 hrs. guy bought tractor from 'people' that refurbish/restore tractors and is selling because of back surgery and can longer use it. no implements, he sold them already. $6400 and he said he was slightly negotiable. is it way overpriced or slightly? i've looked at several in the last few months and this one is by far in the best shape, but the hours concern me. i am also not at all familiar with a 2610. good tractor?

/ ford 2610 opinions #2  
maybee slightly. maybee not. depends on condition.

I'd say it should have had a clutch job or be needing one very soon.

hows it look and run out?

/ ford 2610 opinions
looks great. drives good. only thing is he sold his implements so i couldn't test the lift or pto

/ ford 2610 opinions #4  
lift can be semi tested with a couple size large helpers. :)

/ ford 2610 opinions
going to look at a 2810 today with implements available. a little less hp than the 2610 but fewer hours, 1300 vs. 7000. if the 2810 is not worth buying i will contact the 2610 seller and offer $5500 and go from there.

/ ford 2610 opinions
guy with 2810 would sell trailer,boom,bush hog,harrows,and rake with tractor for $8500. all implements were wore out and trailer was a homemade POS. tractor was nice and he had replaced many items but the clutch pedal had a good bit of play, but i was not interested in his implements. he said $7000 was his bottom price. politely declined. most of the work he did was cosmetic and he was not familiar with tractors in general so i was a little skeptical. went today and offered the guy with 2610, which i wanted more, $5500. he wouldn't budge at $5900. i feel he's going to be waiting a while. i liked the the 2610, the clutch was good, and it was in overall excellent condition and well taken care of. but i feel like it's a $4-5000 tractor all things considered. i got a feeling he may contact me later with a new offer. if not, the search continues.

/ ford 2610 opinions #7  
if you are at 5500 and he's at 5900, and he don't call in a few days. I'd call him back...