Front Axle Question on Ford 4400 Utility Tractor

/ Front Axle Question on Ford 4400 Utility Tractor #1  

andrewgjd70

Tractor
John Deere 70
Hello, I am looking at buying a 1972 Ford 4400 Utility tractor with loader. The front end has some issues. I am told it was converted to four wheel drive at one point. Then the four wheel drive axle housing blew apart and they had to weld the front hubs on because the original front end was scraped?? Is it possible to get a front end for this tractor? I have done some searching online and found nothing. Would a light front end from an AG 4000 tractor fit?

/ Front Axle Question on Ford 4400 Utility Tractor #2  
It would fit if you had all the pieces, but, it wouldn't last very long if you are using the loader..

/ Front Axle Question on Ford 4400 Utility Tractor #3  
uh really?

4000 front ends are fine for loader work.

it was the light duty 3000 and 4000 su front ends that used radius rods that did not hold up to laoder work.

4000 ag front ends work fine. of course an industrial fixed would be stronger.. but nothing wrong with the regular 4xxx front end.

/ Front Axle Question on Ford 4400 Utility Tractor #4  
Stand corrected.. thought it was the 5000 series that was ok..

/ Front Axle Question on Ford 4400 Utility Tractor #5  
   / Front Axle Question on Ford 4400 Utility Tractor #6  
Ya.. I was just remembering seeing a 4000 and 5000 together and noticing just how much beefier they are compared to the 3000 series. I remember saying to myself that it was a serious step up going from a 3000 to 4000 :)

However, going with either a AG or Utility front end, I would choose the Utility. But thats me..

/ Front Axle Question on Ford 4400 Utility Tractor #7  
and if you say a 4000 su.. there is a big difference. the SU uses the old tech light duty 3000 / radius rod front end that has basically been around since 1939