looking at 53 jubilee

/ looking at 53 jubilee #11  
one more thing to add to the pile. is it really a 53 jubilee?

naa was made in the end of 52, during 53 and 54. many people see a round nose badge and call it a jubilee.. even if it is a 00 series.

a pic would help us determine what it is.

for my area.. that's high average. you can buy 6xx and 8xx for that money. not muchg seperates the 53-64 models on price.. usually less than 800$..

/ looking at 53 jubilee #12  
I worked for a large Nursery in the early fifties while in school. I well remember the new Ford 8N earning the nickname, gutless wonder. For heavy pulling we would always look for the Farmall.

/ looking at 53 jubilee #13  
pulling is about weight and traction.

most farmalls inthe same hp class as an 8n had more weight, larger tires.

not a fair comparison.

PS.. back then.. factory 3pt was nice. not all machines had it like they do nowadays.

try to keep farm tech in the perspective it was back then.

my JD B is the same hp or so, as my 8n.. it's heavy cast rear wheel centers ALONE kick her 1200# over then 8n weight. OF COURSE she will pull better.

/ looking at 53 jubilee #14  
Of course the 681 has the jerkomatic and alive PTO I think

/ looking at 53 jubilee #15  
Good point on weight being a huge factor on ability to pull.

A 25 HP engine could out pull a 75 HP engine. Some demonstrated years ago with dozers just running the pony starting engine I have read.

HP without traction is worthless in a pulling contest.

As has already been posted a Jubilee is nice but if one wants an old Ford of 50-60's era go for the 800 series with the 5 speed/double clutch set up for safety and performance. The price may be equal. The safety and pulling power will be much greater especially if you use a bush hog. The brakes are OK but one needs to know how to adjust them and do it often but it is a simple task with a low cost brake adjusting tool.

/ looking at 53 jubilee #16