Buying Advice Ford 3910 advice

/ Ford 3910 advice #1  

Zeus1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 1700 & International Harvester Cub
Hi all. As usual I am always lookin out for a project. I thought I had a John Deere to add to the fleet but it didn't work out as the family argued about who was gonna get the money I told them just to for get it! Anyway...I bought my wife some swivel stools from a friend. On the way to pick them up I noticed the outline of a tractor in the bushes. Yep. The weeds are all growed up Round this beast! I stopped and asked about the tractor but the owner wasn't home. It's another one of thoes "gramps's old tractor" and he passed away and his house was invaded. The tractor doesn't look to have been used in 4-5 years. It has a bush hog. I pulled the dip stick, oil is black. Radiator is full. Tires are flat though. Best I could tell it looks to be a 85 model. Shows to have 655 hours if it works...paint isn't too bad for being left out in the weather. But, all this aside, what do y'all think? If I'm gonna buy this tractor it's gonna be in a non running state. I could easily spend $500 right off the bat for filters, fluids, battery, etc. hope the tires are well enough to put tubes, or it's some major money for 4 new tires. How much would be a fair price? I know it's a newer tractor, but If it never runs its just yard art, and I wont to be able to get back out from under it if tractor ends up costing some big bucks! Thanks for your advice!

/ Ford 3910 advice
Anybody got any advice?

/ Ford 3910 advice #3  
A 3910 is a reliable tractor but buying one that isn't running is buying a 'pig in a poke'. Make sure the engine turns over and if it does, $750-$1000 is what I'd offer.